The Newsroom

International News Presentation: Past and Present

(February 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TC
TorontoCommons
what a awful intro. Words can not fully explain how dire that was.

I beg to differ. There's worse.
NG
noggin Founding member
Certainly in the UK we've seen a downsizing from such things now.

Not sure what you mean?

If you're talking about BBC and ITV regional production centres moving to smaller studios, this is not really related to news production. It's more related to a move to location rather than studio production for non-news regional content, and ITV's regional franchise structure being consolidated (so rather than every ITV regional centre having network production facilities to make drama, music, entertainment etc. shows there is now no need for them)
WW
WW Update
The launch of OE24.TV, Austria's first news channel:

WW
WW Update
And speaking of Austria, here's an updated compilation of ORF news intros from 1955 to the present day:

MQ
Mr Q

Is it just me, or are the news presenters reading from a script off the side of the camera?

Looks like a pretty basic operation - functional but not flashy.
WW
WW Update
Mr Q posted:

Is it just me, or are the news presenters reading from a script off the side of the camera?

Looks like a pretty basic operation - functional but not flashy.

Certainly looks that way to me. (On both counts.)
WW
WW Update
And speaking of Austria, here's an updated compilation of ORF news intros from 1955 to the present day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs0U2jfIrlo

BTW, this is what the flagship 7:30 p.m. edition of Zeit im Bild looks like these days (Perhaps counterintuitively, ORF2 is the main channel for news and other PSB content):

And the shorter 8 p.m. edition on the more commercial ORF1 (or ORF Eins, as it styles itself):

WW
WW Update
NWS-9, Adelaide, Australia; a special edition devoted to yesterday's major storm:

HC
Hatton Cross
Using a 6 box at the start as well. Don't see that too often.
MO
Mouseboy33
I guess they took a lesson from WSB 2 Atlanta's multibox. Hehehehe.
http://www.newscaststudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/1601563_10100147483663481_1036790632_n.jpg
EL
elmarko
hahah what the hell is that Shocked
MO
Mouseboy33
WSB loves a team coverage graphic. They know its a joke. But they roll is out whenever they have snow (which is rare) in metro Atlanta. Its a bit of fun. But it also shows how many reporters they have in the field at the same time. So whilst its kinda silly its also impressive. LOL.

Newer posts