The Newsroom

International News Presentation: Past and Present

(February 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MO
Mouseboy33
9NEWS PERTH FB
http://forums.mediaspy.org/uploads/default/optimized/2X/a/ad5bf1bb14a4bbd84db497d900988c508a00807b_1_690x388.jpg
mediaspy

YES YES YES...FINALLY FINALLY!!!! OMG. Australia by far has the worst sets of an Western Developed country. Horrible Horrible. This is a gillion lightyears better than anything I've ever seen on air in the entire country. I will fall off my chair if this was down in house. It cant be. Because most of the sets I've seen in Australia are usually made in the shop out back by the bins. And on air, they look that way. This is totally professional. The camera blocking the lighting. The indesk desk "chin/face" lights. And its streetfront facing a glass window overlooking the pavement. Well done. Looks good. Hope this bodes well for the rest of the 9 News affiliates. Hope that rear screen looks good at night. Thanks KevizzMS!!!

Breaking News Mode..
Last edited by Mouseboy33 on 20 September 2016 4:54pm - 4 times in total
LL
London Lite Founding member
More from Nine News Perth yesterday.

RK
Rkolsen
I hate to think of how many jobs were lost as a result of this move.
AG
AxG
It may be a step up, but I don't like it, it's too busy
BR
Brekkie
All looks great other than the screen they wheeled in and put in front of the bigger screen (or backdrop at least). Agree though a vast improvement on most Australian news studios, though about a decade behind the rest of the world. Certainly in the UK we've seen a downsizing from such things now.
RK
Rkolsen
All looks great other than the screen they wheeled in and put in front of the bigger screen (or backdrop at least). Agree though a vast improvement on most Australian news studios, though about a decade behind the rest of the world. Certainly in the UK we've seen a downsizing from such things now.

Touch screen?

The downsizing in the U.K. Must be due to output. No need for huge studio's when there's under 2 hours of news a day.
SW
Steve Williams
The downsizing in the U.K. Must be due to output. No need for huge studio's when there's under 2 hours of news a day.

What broadcaster is doing that?

There's no need for huge studios because they're pointless for the vast majority of the time, because so much of their output is talking heads. Sky Sports News has a massive studio and they barely use it.
VI
Viakenny
A couple of weeks ago, SBT replaced their weeknight overnight programming (which included many American series) with repeats of their late news. And yesterday, those repeats were replaced by a new overnight newscast (most likely still pre-recorded), broadcast from the opposite side of their studio, overlooking the newsroom (and their studio shots are still in SD...).

Last edited by Viakenny on 21 September 2016 2:28pm
RK
Rkolsen

What broadcaster is doing that?

There's no need for huge studios because they're pointless for the vast majority of the time, because so much of their output is talking heads. Sky Sports News has a massive studio and they barely use it.

A previous poster said:

All looks great other than the screen they wheeled in and put in front of the bigger screen (or backdrop at least). Agree though a vast improvement on most Australian news studios, though about a decade behind the rest of the world. Certainly in the UK we've seen a downsizing from such things now .

Emphasis added. I was getting that when studio's aren't producing as much original programming or even that many newscasts there's no need for a huge news studio with multiple camera angles and standup positions.
WW
WW Update
CityTV, Toronto, Canada, 1984:

:-(
A former member
what a awful intro. Words can not fully explain how dire that was.
PI
picard
Maybe someone was in a rush and decided to press a load of buttons.

Newer posts