TV Home Forum

BBC 2000 Today Site

(April 2001)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BB
BBC Choice
Ok, I've done it! I've spent most of the evening writing a 2000 Today site, which hopefully will go on TV Home one day! Anyway, I've put all the Ident audios I can find at the moment in MP3 form on this site, and have also added a few images and some information about 2000 Today. Tonight I ordered my new TV Card, so hopefully I'll have some RealMedia movies on it too before long! Anyway, give the site a visit - you'll be pleased you did!

Ok. Here's he URL:
www.markol.8m.com

Please tell me what you think

Mark Grindon
BB
BBC Choice
Sad sorry - I've noticed that some people may be having problems with downloading the MP3s from my website. I will try to upload them again to different webspace tonight, and will also place them in zip files.

Apologies to all who have tried and failed to download the ident music, Please try again later.

Mark Grindon Sad
:-(
A former member
ERT 2000 Today at
http://www.parosnow.com/greektvid/2000_Today.shtml

The Greek take on the Lambie-Nairn/BBC produced graphics. The idents have the same visuals, but the music is different to the mp3s available on the site above.

Regards from Paros,
Andrew Wood
BB
BBC Choice
Ok, I've managed to re-upload the files, but Freeservers is having a tantrum, so if it won't let you download the files, keep trying!

Mark Grindon
A former member
Hmmm, clicking on the mp3 links directly seems to work in IE5.5 on Win98SE - it brings up Media Player which shows the progress of the download. (I noticed the BBC jingles are completely different to the ERT ones!)

Unfortunately, I couldn't get to right-click and save to disk - I keep getting an 'IE is unable to connect with/unable to find the server'.

Looking forward to those videos, Mark!

Regards from Paros,
Andrew Wood
BB
BBC Choice
I hadn't realised that the idents were used by so many countries! I can't decide which themes I prefer: I'm getting rather bored of the BBC ones because I've been listening to them almost constantly since January 2000!

I'm just having a quick whizz through my 2000 Today tape to see just what I've got!!

I've put all the MP3s into Zip files now, (because it's the only way I can stop the bl**dy annoying AOL Media Player popping up all the time), which should make it easier to download. Please tell me if anyone's having trouble!

BBCChoice@aol.com
Mark Grindon
ST
staruk
I'm getting errors on the sting and water mp3's. The zip file headers are bad or something!
CA
cat
Don't know what everyone else is doing but I have just downloaded the entire set without the smallest problem, very good.
BB
BBC Choice
StarUK (sorry, I don't know your real name!), keep trying - they're tempremental. I'm not having any problems with downloading them, so it could be just a bad file transfer - give it another go!

Mark Grindon
BB
BBC Choice
Andrew
I don't remember the Beeb using any of the hand gestures in the idents, I think they only used the second part of the idents - were the shorts used for break bumpers only?
A former member
Hi Mark,

In the run up to the big event, ET1 and NET used these mainly as break bumpers - the hand gestures at the start of the break and the engraved stone part at the continuation of the programme. If I remember correctly, they still used their respective idents before programmes.

During the actual broadcast (the bit I saw anyway - guess who set up his aerial system correctly but forget to set the correct channel on the video...) I don't recall seeing them used at all. (I do remember Bjork tho' - which wasn't too good on a gin hangover!)

What I _really_ want (and it's been on order at WHSmiths since 3rd Dec 2000) is the '2000 Today:Symphony for the Millennium' by Tan Dun and recorded by the BBC Symphony Orchestra. Especially the 'theme' track with the choral voices 'ahhh-ahhh'-ing (!) - qv the music in the 'ERT 2000 Simera' trailer at the foot of my page.

Regards from Paros,
Andrew Wood
BB
BBC Choice
A REQUEST: does Anyone have a VHS copy of the events on BBC 2000 Today between 05.30 and 13.00 on 01/01/00?

If so, please E-mail me because it will help me greatly with my 2000 Today website.
BBCChoice@aol.com

Mark Grindon

Newer posts