TV Home Forum

Adrian Chiles replaced as ITV football presenter

Split from The Sport Thread (January 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CA
Cando
Mark Pougatch to replace Adrian Chiles as main ITV football presenter.
BR
Brekkie
Immediately as well it appears. Not hugely surprised given the loss of the Champions League live rights, but thought he'd stay till the end of the season.

It'll be the same old story as always though - people complain about ITV's football coverage, ITV replace team with folk from BBC, people still complain about ITV's football coverage.
BA
bilky asko
Immediately as well it appears. Not hugely surprised given the loss of the Champions League live rights, but thought he'd stay till the end of the season.

It'll be the same old story as always though - people complain about ITV's football coverage, ITV replace team with folk from BBC, people still complain about ITV's football coverage.

How much worse could you get than Adrian Chiles?
LL
Larry the Loafer
I'm guessing it's because I'm only an amateur football fan, but I think I'm in the minority. I thought he was okay.
Rijowhi and Ben Shatliff gave kudos
MA
Markymark
I'm guessing it's because I'm only an amateur football fan, but I think I'm in the minority. I thought he was okay.

Perhaps it was because he's starting to look like Benny Hill ?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/01/23/24FA081700000578-2923246-image-m-44_1422016639426.jpg
DV
DVB Cornwall
Pougatch is a class act. I await his first outing with anticipation. Half expected him on the BTS CL presentation roster next season.
BR
Brekkie

I much prefer him to the smugness of Lineker.
Rijowhi, Ben Shatliff and Square Eyes gave kudos
JA
Jamesypoo

Perhaps it was because he's starting to look like Benny Hill ?

This is not a recent development.

DV
DVB Cornwall
.... also the absence of Chiles and Townsend certainly gives any ITV bid for FAPL highlights loads more credibility too.
CH
chris
And the predictions in 2010 came true. Defectors rarely do well.
RO
robertclark125
To be honest, Matt Smith would've been the ideal replacement, that was if MAtt Smith was still with ITV. I'm led to believe that he isn't now. If so, where is he?
CA
Cando
To be honest, Matt Smith would've been the ideal replacement, that was if MAtt Smith was still with ITV. I'm led to believe that he isn't now. If so, where is he?

It was confirmed a few weeks ago that neither he nor Andy Townsend are having their contracts renewed after the end of the current season. They aren't leaving immediately unlike Chiles.

Newer posts