TV Home Forum

EastEnders

(July 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DA
David
In tonight's episode, the characters of Jay and Kim who quite possibly have never even spoken to each other before had a lengthy conversation about Andy Murray winning the 2013 Wimbledon Championships.
MA
Markymark
David posted:
In tonight's episode, the characters of Jay and Kim who quite possibly have never even spoken to each other before had a lengthy conversation about Andy Murray winning the 2013 Wimbledon Championships.

Yea, but, was it snowing outside ?
CA
Cando
David posted:

What else did they do this for?? 9/11? They definitely did one for Michael Jackson. I think they referenced the Queen Mother's death too.
Last edited by Cando on 9 July 2013 8:56pm
DA
davidhorman
There was also a horrifically-forced scene of Jean reeling off a list of gold medal winners during the Olympics.
PA
parrferris
The Archers does this sort of thing regularly, but of course it's rather easier on radio! The same thing applies though - the topical inserts can instantly be spotted when two unlikely characters decide to stop for a conversation, based entirely on which cast members are available at short notice.
BU
buster
EastEnders have done it quite a few times over the last decade - I think the Queen Mother's funeral kicked it off (Sonia was watching a report on it on TV).

They did a few for the 2006 (I think) World Cup, although on one scene there was a nasty drop to black after the topical inserted bit had finished.

Last night's was a bit odd though - was there any reason at all for Jay to be into Kim's Palace? Or did they just have to shoe-horn two available actors into an available set?
NE
neonemesis
Doesn't Jay live there?
ID
Identity
Peggie is coming back to the square!!
SI
simon1970
EastEnders have done it quite a few times over the last decade - I think the Queen Mother's funeral kicked it off (Sonia was watching a report on it on TV).

They did a few for the 2006 (I think) World Cup, although on one scene there was a nasty drop to black after the topical inserted bit had finished.

Last night's was a bit odd though - was there any reason at all for Jay to be into Kim's Palace? Or did they just have to shoe-horn two available actors into an available set?

The first time they did it was back in June 1987 when the Tories won the General Election.
DA
davidhorman

The first time they did it was back in June 1987 when the Tories won the General Election.

Is that more likely have to been one of two alternate takes, rather than a late insert?
WH
Whataday Founding member

Is that more likely have to been one of two alternate takes, rather than a late insert?

I'm sure they did it during Euro 96 or possibly France 98 with football scores.
CO
Colm
On a sad note, Anna Wing, who played Lou Beale for over three years, has died at the age of 98.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23268512

Newer posts