TV Home Forum

ITV Programming Thread

The latest Matthew Hall series (April 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BB
BruceBBC
Well I think that's a disgrace! A foreign act winning 'Britain's Got Talent' and can I emphasise BRITAIN'S !

Yeah! If only the public could have some sort of say in who wins!

I didn't mean that, I meant that they shouldn't even been in the show for the simple reason that they ain't Brittish!
And another thing, no need to be so sarcastic!
GO
gottago
Well I think that's a disgrace! A foreign act winning 'Britain's Got Talent' and can I emphasise BRITAIN'S !

I agree, I'd much rather be far less entertained by a selection of inferior British acts than entertained by much superior foreign acts.
DO
dosxuk

I didn't mean that, I meant that they shouldn't even been in the show for the simple reason that they ain't Brittish!

If their foreignness meant that much to the British audience, then I'm sure they wouldn't have voted for them.

Brits used to be known for being welcoming, friendly and inquisitive. These complaints (not just yours Mr 12345, they're all over the place) along with the fun we've had today in Sheffield is making me more and more convinced that Brit now means 'xenophobic bigot' and that disappoints me greatly.

And another thing, no need to be so sarcastic!

Sad
BR
Brekkie
It's an open competition and all the better for it. Just like the French Open, being contested by two Spaniards tomorrow!
NG
noggin Founding member

Quite...
JO
Jon
they ain't Brittish!

After reading your post I'm now hoping Alex Salmond get his way, so you won't be either.
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member
Jon posted:
they ain't Brittish!

After reading your post I'm now hoping Alex Salmond get his way, so you won't be either.

Bruce12345 is uncharacteristically xenophobic for a Scot. We are known for our welcoming nature to other cultures - as evidenced by the reaction to the visit by the racist, swivel-eyed-nutjob Farage.

But the Yes campaign thanks you for your warm wishes, Jon.
BB
BruceBBC
Jon posted:
they ain't Brittish!

Don't worry buddy, I don't consider myself Brittish anyway Smile
BB
BruceBBC
Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think they even live in Britain so why should they be allowed to enter the show. It's a bit like having an American representing Britain in Eurovision.
PC
p_c_u_k
It's hardly a new thing for foreign acts to win one of these "Got Talent" shows, is it? Didn't some Welsh guy get far on China's Got Talent? There's been plenty of examples of it over the years.

I was more offended by the ritually M25-centered tone to the whole performance. The Olympic opening ceremony and Proms were inclusive of the whole UK by having elements from around the country both past and present throughout. I know it's a short performance but last night it felt like a love letter to England, not the UK. The Queen, Land of Hope and Glory, the obsession with the sodding war that England fans constantly harp on about, the London Olympics, etc.

The only good part was trying to imagine inside the homes of very confused BNP/UKIP supporters wondering whether to love or hate it.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think they even live in Britain so why should they be allowed to enter the show. It's a bit like having an American representing Britain in Eurovision.

Is this meant to be ironic?
PC
p_c_u_k

There's plenty of examples of people from outwith the countries they are representing participating in Eurovision.

Newer posts