The Newsroom

Reporting Scotland

(February 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
Is there still no idea when the dam titles will get replaced?

35 days later

JK
JayKay
I am amazed that BBC scotland persist with the 'live' picture of the Clyde and the Squinty Bridge as the background on their bulletins.

Has the massive crane barge between the Bridge and the BBC been fitted with a cloaking device that makes it invisible to BBC cameras?

Do they really think viewers will be fooled by running the same old pictures of a scene that's changed quite dramatically since it was shot due to the bridge inconveniently being closed and undergoing serious repairs?

Obviously.

They either think their viewers are stupid or perhaps they just don't care about giving them a second rate service.
JA
Jamesypoo
Also, I seem to remember watching Reporting Scotland on the day they reported on the new water-plane thing on the Clyde. A big give away to normal viewers that their background is recorded, surely?
HE
Hermes
dragonhhjh posted:
Also, I seem to remember watching Reporting Scotland on the day they reported on the new water-plane thing on the Clyde. A big give away to normal viewers that their background is recorded, surely?

Another giveaway is that the Science Centre and BBC building have been rotated by 90 degrees for the background.
PC
p_c_u_k
Note to BBC Scotland: Get some bloody news and stop making us look like a joke country.

They've just spent 10 minutes on a fast knitter and a different coloured deer. Both of which are hundreds of miles from where I live in a so-called local news programme.

This sort of stuff wouldn't even make the 5.30 show on STV.
LO
looknorth
623058 posted:

I was up there the other week and I could not beleive they still used the SAME titles as in 1999 I am sure you are the only region not to have got at least one set of new titles since the big overhaul(1999).
ST
STV Today
looknorth posted:
623058 posted:

I was up there the other week and I could not beleive they still used the SAME titles as in 1999 I am sure you are the only region not to have got at least one set of new titles since the big overhaul(1999).

I was under the impression that they may change late March early April when the other BBC News graphics are set to change?
JO
Joe
Just reading this thread (I'll admit that I've never seen the programme), I'm wondering why there should be a Scottish Six from the BBC when they seemingly can't run their existing local news service properly?
:-(
A former member
Jugalug posted:
Just reading this thread (I'll admit that I've never seen the programme), I'm wondering why there should be a Scottish Six from the BBC when they seemingly can't run their existing local news service properly?

There shouldn't be a Scottish Six - exactly! There isn't even a Scottish half past six.. Rolling Eyes
PE
peterrocket Founding member
Did anyone spot this one??
Marc Sylvan scores BBC Scotland News theme

Would have been nice to hear what it sounded like, but then we prob won't get the chance now...
PC
p_c_u_k
Surprised no-one spotted this:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MtsV8WvekcU

Most interesting the Reporting Scotland morning bulletin has been in ages. Laughing

Looks like they were caught out by the opt-out being earlier than usual, and as it's happened to me before (on radio though, rather than telly) I have some sympathy. But what the feck? Rolling Eyes
GC
GaryC
peterrocket posted:
Did anyone spot this one??
Marc Sylvan scores BBC Scotland News theme

Would have been nice to hear what it sounded like, but then we prob won't get the chance now...

Well that explains why BBC North West got new titles but Scotland did not: Glasgow commissioned a whole new music package outside of the BBC brand! No oned they were not allowed to use it - wasting tv taxpayers money in the process

Newer posts