TV Home Forum

BBC i Player

(December 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JR
jrothwell97
I won't try it now, as I'm using quite an old Mac. However... at least OS X and Linux will now be supported. Yay.
DJ
DJGM
jrothwell97 posted:

I won't try it now, as I'm using quite an old Mac.

Not as old as my 300MHz G3 I'm sure! Either, here's hoping the downloads won't be "IE only" for too much longer.
LO
Londoner
Reg Shaw posted:
The streaming service has started for all you Macheads out there ... I'm so happy ... !

Fantastic. Brilliant. Excellent. Who needs linear television?
BA
Bail Moderator
I think some of their shows are badly listed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/page/item/b008d36h.shtml?filter=azgroup%3Atuv&start=3&scope=iplayeratoz&version_pid=b008d35t

Top Gear for example, with a BBC One logo, a BBC Three dog, for a BBC Two programme. Nice.
MA
Matt Founding member
The Mac streaming version is brilliant!

So simple. Click on the programme you want to watch and view it directly in your browser or full screen.

Why the hell was the Beta for Windows so complicated with downloading and installing stuff - this is much better! OK - so you can't download the programmes, but then, they fill up your hard drive, and expire anyway - so I don't really see the point.

Fantastic for fast unlimited broadband connections - bit of a bugger for slower, data capped connections, but then that's true for anything...
PA
paul_hadley
Wow, the streaming service is incredibly easy to use. Smile Good work, BBC. Smile

Much better than the clunky old program you used to enforce upon us.

I see people's point about the programmes be categorised incorrectly - the new Nigella Express episode says it was on BBC1, when it was on BBC2 - same for Top Gear.

Newer posts