The Newsroom

Alan Johnston, missing journalist RELEASED

BBC Gaza Correspondent free after 4 months (March 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CY
cylon6
A former member posted:
jrothwell97 posted:
I THINK (not sure) that Paxman's doing Newsnight tonight. Should be interesting to see how he handles the story.

Why's that?

Yeah what he said? Don't Paxman and Johnstone get on?
MI
Milktrolley
After all the broken promises it would have been so easy to lose hope. I know I did. Yet Alan and his parents, seemingly, didn't. For being so strong they deserve so much credit. The reactions from all the Johnstons today has been incredibly measured and all times throughout the ordeal they've been resilient. What's most note-worthy though is Alan. 114 days in captivity and you wouldn't even know it to listen to him. In his press conference, Alan referred to the good points that he tried to draw on to take him through the experience - I hope he and his family continue to do so. They deserve the best.
ST
steven7942
Great news indeed - and for about 1minute BBC World viewers got the start of BBC Breakfast (1am Eastern Time/6am UK) - I was soooooo psssd off when it went off - I miss Dermot Smile
EA
eanok
steven7942 posted:
Great news indeed - and for about 1minute BBC World viewers got the start of BBC Breakfast (1am Eastern Time/6am UK) - I was soooooo psssd off when it went off - I miss Dermot Smile

Really?! Did they hide the clock?
JR
jrothwell97
cylon6 posted:
A former member posted:
jrothwell97 posted:
I THINK (not sure) that Paxman's doing Newsnight tonight. Should be interesting to see how he handles the story.

Why's that?

Yeah what he said? Don't Paxman and Johnstone get on?

Nope - I just don't remember Paxman ever covering a story like this before and it would be interesting to see how he delivers it.

In the end though it was Gavin presenting yesterday.
ST
steven7942
eanok posted:
steven7942 posted:

Really?! Did they hide the clock?

No, it said 0600 Smile I guess they simply left on the N24 feed.
DI
digiperson
steven7942 posted:
Cue the Big Brother jokes over the upcoming weeks...

Jimmy Carr made a joke on 8 out of 10 cats that Alan was disappointed when Davina McCall wasn't there when he was released.

digiperson
TV
archiveTV
digiperson posted:
steven7942 posted:

Jimmy Carr made a joke on 8 out of 10 cats that Alan was disappointed when Davina McCall wasn't there when he was released.

digiperson

A good day at the BBC

http://www.flickr.com/photos/annabelb/sets/72157600644438738/
JR
jrothwell97
I sent in a caption for the Magazine Monitor 's Caption Competition.

I posted:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/magazinemonitor/ginch.440.jpg

Mr Johnston was understandably bemused by the placards reading ALAN I WANT UR BABIES .
ST
steven7942
digiperson posted:
steven7942 posted:

digiperson

Clearly I am in the wrong business Smile

Newer posts