An Audience with....

and studes of ITV (December 2006)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CD
cdukjunkie
Jez posted:
cdukjunkie posted:
Jez posted:
A great show tonight and im glad Take That have made a comeback.

Yes it was! Most interesting to see Studio 1 at The London Studios being used yet again to great effect - it seems that it can accomodate most shows big or small and somehow squeeze quite a big set like tonight into that relatively small space. Very good.

Was that Studio 1? What other programmes come from that studio then?

Pretty much everything light entertainment that TLS have - Ant & Dec's Takeaway, Parkinson, Family Fortunes to name a few recent ones. Studio 2 tends to be more for small chatshows or even children's entertainment like when SMTV was in there.
JE
Jez Founding member
623058 posted:
GMTV comes form there Wink

I know, so does This Morning and A Question of Sport but its still LWT's studios.
CD
cdukjunkie
[quote="Jez"]
623058 posted:
As far as im concerned the London Studios are LWT, not matter what ITV Plc say. Smile

And I'm sure most people working there would agree Smile
CD
cdukjunkie
Jez posted:
623058 posted:
GMTV comes form there Wink

I know, so does This Morning and A Question of Sport but its still LWT's studios.

Really a Question of Sport? I know it was in Manchester but heard it had moved to London a few times as well - was it TLS then?
DE
deejay
Doesn't X Factor come from the combined studio at Fountain Studios at Wembley? By combined I mean the one that can be created by removing the dividing wall between their two big studios?

Studio 1 at LWT (London Studios) has long been regarded in the industry the finest audience studio in the capital. It has always looked terrific with big audience shows like "An Audience With..." and certainly better than TC1 at the BBC Television Centre ever has.
JE
Jez Founding member
cdukjunkie posted:
Jez posted:
cdukjunkie posted:
Jez posted:
A great show tonight and im glad Take That have made a comeback.

Yes it was! Most interesting to see Studio 1 at The London Studios being used yet again to great effect - it seems that it can accomodate most shows big or small and somehow squeeze quite a big set like tonight into that relatively small space. Very good.

Was that Studio 1? What other programmes come from that studio then?

Pretty much everything light entertainment that TLS have - Ant & Dec's Takeaway, Parkinson, Family Fortunes to name a few recent ones. Studio 2 tends to be more for small chatshows or even children's entertainment like when SMTV was in there.

I guess they can pretty much change the studio 1 to accommodate any show then. I know in Manchester they have a simular thing with a large studio as the Jeremy Kyle show comes from there as well as shows like SoapStar Superstar.

What number are the studios GMTV and This Morning come from? I know when Take That were on GMTV on Friday they said they would be "next door" doing their show.

Quote:
Really a Question of Sport? I know it was in Manchester but heard it had moved to London a few times as well - was it TLS then?

Well when I was in London and walked down to look at the studio there were people outside and I asked them which show they were waiting to see and they said Question of Sport. Its University Challenge thats made in Manchester.
CD
cdukjunkie
Jez posted:
What number are the studios GMTV and This Morning come from? I know when Take That were on GMTV on Friday they said they would be "next door" doing their show.

Studios 5 and 8 respectively. GMTV is quite a strange studio in that it seems to be in the far depths of the building and quite far away from the hustle and bustle of the other bigger Studios 1, 2 & 3 (although 3 isn't far away from being GMTV standards either!). GMTV seem to do their own thing while the rest of 'the tower' get on with it.
:-(
A former member
Gmtv looks so small,

I have to agress the white building is LWT! but in the term of WHO owns the show it ITV1,
CD
cdukjunkie
Jez posted:
Well when I was in London and walked down to look at the studio there were people outside and I asked them which show they were waiting to see and they said Question of Sport. Its University Challenge thats made in Manchester.

Ahh right, thanks for that Smile Wasn't at all sure myself as never been to the show, just heard it was mainly in Manchester, and London from time to time. Interesting - is testament again to how many different formats TLS can conform their studios to.
JE
Jez Founding member
623058 posted:
Gmtv looks so small,

I have to agress the white building is LWT! but in the term of WHO owns the show it ITV1,

The copyright thing said London Weekend Television so as far as im concerned its LWT. However ITV will have us believe its "ITV Productions".

An Audience with Coronation Street came from the London Studios as well, despite the show being made in Manchester and most of the cast therefore being based up North. I assume that came from Studio 1 as well.
DE
deejay
Jez posted:

GMTV has always come from Studio 5, and This Morning from Studio 8. They're not exactly next door to each other(!), so I think they were merely using the slang of telly that says you are going next door to appear on a different show!

A very good and detailed site about the History of London's Television Studios is available here
GB
GavBelfast
I'm pretty sure The X Factor does come from The London Studios, you know.

I noticed that the Take That thing was copyright London Weekend Television 2006 (full name, at that!).

Newer posts