TV Home Forum

Bullseye

Relaunch on Challenge TV (February 2006)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BB
Brig Bother
Well it isn't, they've just edited out everything that doesn't involve the The Sun contestants really.

And they didn't eliminate a team at the end of round one since the late eighties, so it's not much of an innovation really.
JC
JCB
I enjoyed it. It doesnt take itself too seriously and seemed very tongue-in-cheek. I think it will tire quickly though once the nostalgia wears off - people are watching with rose tinted glasses.
FA
fanoftv
JCB posted:
I enjoyed it. It doesnt take itself too seriously and seemed very tongue-in-cheek. I think it will tire quickly though once the nostalgia wears off - people are watching with rose tinted glasses.

Remember though that the original is airing on challenge and actually takes the 10pm slot for the rest of the week, presumebly so that it doesn't end after 3 weeks.
AM
amosc100
ITV, at this moment in time will not be showing any of the new Bullseye (although I bet it changes depenind upon the viewing figures for Challenge!) therefore any celeb editions will also be shown on Challenge
DU
Dunedin
According to DS, the 10pm new edition of Bullseye got 146,000 viewers...not bad at all for a bank holiday.
JA
james2001 Founding member
Dunedin posted:
According to DS, the 10pm new edition of Bullseye got 146,000 viewers...not bad at all for a bank holiday.

Not bad at all for a channel like Challenge anyway.
:-(
A former member
I can't say much for the prizes!!!!
even my mum is gob smack at them, she thinks that even if there were a washing machine it might be slightly better!

over all it alright! but I think there still two prizes at the end
a car if you lose and a much cheaper tv if you win!
MS
Mr-Stabby
I enjoyed it! A quick few questions though.

the 146,000 figure. How does Sky get its figures? Since it's digital can they get their figures exactly? I never trusted the way the terrestrial figures were worked out.

Secondly, why was it filmed in Widescreen when it was going to be shown on challenge? And am i the only person who gets 14:9 letterbox a bit weird on Challenge. It has the picture aligned to the bottom with the big letterbox at the top.
TV
TVArchive Founding member
Mr-Stabby posted:
Secondly, why was it filmed in Widescreen when it was going to be shown on challenge? And am i the only person who gets 14:9 letterbox a bit weird on Challenge. It has the picture aligned to the bottom with the big letterbox at the top.

It's a problem that they've had since late November last year. All output appears to be shifted about 15 lines downwards, leaving a virtually huge black bar at the top of all programming. I've e-mailed them more times than they've had Takeshi's on. The response was as good as the UK's chances of winning the Eurovision Song Contest.

enquiries@challenge.co.uk Please feel free to hammer them with enquiries Smile
AS
Asa Admin
Well I just get sat down to watch my recording of it and two minutes in some family member must have changed channel because I got stuck with ITV4.

Are Challenge going to re-show the first ep or is it just one a week? The EPG is useless while it's telling me they're all Bowen shows.
:-(
A former member
Asa posted:
Well I just get sat down to watch my recording of it and two minutes in some family member must have changed channel because I got stuck with ITV4.

Are Challenge going to re-show the first ep or is it just one a week? The EPG is useless while it's telling me they're all Bowen shows.

challenge reperting new Bulleyes at 8.30pm.
MS
Mr-Stabby
TVArchive posted:
It's a problem that they've had since late November last year. All output appears to be shifted about 15 lines downwards, leaving a virtually huge black bar at the top of all programming. I've e-mailed them more times than they've had Takeshi's on. The response was as good as the UK's chances of winning the Eurovision Song Contest.

enquiries@challenge.co.uk Please feel free to hammer them with enquiries Smile

How do they not notice their own output? Hey ho Smile Might drop them a line.

As people have said, you'd think that since they spent a bit of money commissioning it, that they'd at least say in the info that Dave Spikey was hosting it, and not Jim Bowen Razz

Newer posts