TV Home Forum

BBC One Rebrand

(February 2006)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MU
mulder
SCREENSAVER

Just a screensaver made with a trial version of some software I just downloaded, so might be buggy, or not work for long or something. Seems to be fine on my laptop though.

Download the file, then right-click on it and select install, that should hopefully do the job.
FC
Freeview Cool Man
(Deleted as it has been criticised)
MA
marksi
Freeview Cool Man posted:
Paul02 posted:
In the "BBC TWO is changing" thread, Psythor has put that Jana Bennett told him, at his university, on 3 March, "something to the effect that they're "thinking about" rebranding BBC One too, specifically mentioning to remove the dancers, and they'll be definately keeping the red."

My inside source, let's call them Mr B, has given me some hints as to the next BBC One rebrand.
Here is a summary:
The dancers will be replaced.
The box will remain red, possibly moving to the right in the same position as the other channels.
Red will be the main colour with white second.
The big red promotion boards will go.
The cross channel promotion disdplays will also change.

Thanks for that.

I shall now predict the weather for the forthcoming summer in the same way. Let's call my insider Mr F.

There will be periods of hot sunny weather interspersed with cooler spells and there will, at times, be variable amounts of rain in certain parts of the country. Winds will vary in direction and strength and daytime temperatures will be somewhere between 15 and 35 degrees.
MO
Moz
If you're going to spout b*ll*cks, please be a bit more careful with your lies.

The box will remain red, possibly moving to the right in the same position as the other channels.

The other channels aren't on the right. BBC Four is in the centre.
AS
Asa Admin
My inside source, let's call them Mr B, has given me some hints as to the next BBC One rebrand.

I assume this isn't the same person who gave you insider knowledge of the upcoming BBC News presenting team reshuffle? Rolling Eyes
TV
tvarksouthwest
As this doesn't seem to have been mentioned elsewhere...this weekend I've noticed a momentary sound outage a few seconds into each BBC1 ident.

Hope this isn't my new TV...
MA
Mayboy
I've now noticed they have taken the option of watching the BBC1 idents down on the site....could it be sooner than we think now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcone/
MA
Maaixuew
if you still hotlink it its still their, maybe, well... this is it
http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcone/downloads/
NW
nwtv2003
tvarksouthwest posted:
As this doesn't seem to have been mentioned elsewhere...this weekend I've noticed a momentary sound outage a few seconds into each BBC1 ident.

Hope this isn't my new TV...

This happens on our Freeview box and AIUI (well from looking at the DS Forums) it seems to be common on most Pacific/Duraband STB's, it also tends to happen on BBC News 24 about 28 seconds before TOTH and when ever BBC1 goes into a Regional opt.

Otherwise it's most likely to be your new equipment, I have no problems with the quality of sound and picture of BBC Channels via NTL.
TV
tvarksouthwest
Quote:
Paul02 posted:
In the "BBC TWO is changing" thread, Psythor has put that Jana Bennett told him, at his university, on 3 March, "something to the effect that they're "thinking about" rebranding BBC One too, specifically mentioning to remove the dancers, and they'll be definately keeping the red."

Here is a summary:
The dancers will be replaced.
Red will be the main colour with white second.
The big red promotion boards will go.
The cross channel promotion disdplays will also change.

This is clearly from a dubious source but it does look like the BBC ONE logo is staying. So this rebrand will be a first - globe or otherwise - in that the BBC1 logotype itself does not alter.

However I do hope regional IDs are reviewed with a view to making the local ID more promiment. Squeezing the region name in the red box was a bad idea; it's often no bigger than a "Subtitles" aston and depending on the name has to be abbreviated. The complete opposite to 97-02 when the local ID was as big as the BBC ONE logo.

Have a look in Mocks for a suggestion as to how they could do this.
SB
ScreenBrands
I've just seen this headline from Design Week's website.

Quote:
Red Bee Media wins BBC1 deal to rebrand on-air idents
The BBC has appointed Red Bee Media to redesign its iconic screen idents for BBC1, following a pitch held among its rostered consultancies.

I don't intend to spend £85 to subscribe to it, so don't know what else it says. Has anyone got any more details?
GG
Gary Glitter
Ogsley posted:
I've just seen this headline from Design Week's website.

Quote:
Red Bee Media wins BBC1 deal to rebrand on-air idents
The BBC has appointed Red Bee Media to redesign its iconic screen idents for BBC1, following a pitch held among its rostered consultancies.

I don't intend to spend £85 to subscribe to it, so don't know what else it says. Has anyone got any more details?

A cynic would say that Red Bee only got the BBC1 contract because red Bee is part of (or formerly) the BBC. Mind, we saw what rubbish Lambie-Nairn churned out in 2002, so maybe it's best to keep an open mind.

Newer posts