TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain

September 2016 onwards (September 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DK
DanielK
Also, a comment that may be redundant if the set changes on Monday; I really dislike that they have a HUGE sofa, yet the hosts are perked on one edge.

It looks odd and I cannot fathom why on earth they do it!

It isn't camera angles, because they can seat guests anywhere on the sofa and still get a good shot. The cubby hole where the presenters stuff sits, along with tissues etc, is at the centre of the coffee table...which is at the centre of the sofa. They'd get much more impressive shots also if they had the presenters sat in the middle of the sofa.
CR
Critique
Are you all not majorly overreacting? From what's been said so far, this seems equal to any of the following;

Breakfast 03
Breakfast 06
Breakfast 09
Breakfast 12
GMTV 2003
GMTV 2006
GMTV 2009
Daybreak Jan 2012

A very selective list, no? Good Morning Britain has already had two refreshes as it is, the first when they changed the music and the desk, and the second where they updated just the set. It is undeniable that Good Morning Britain has already seen a fair amount of change design-wise, considering that Breakfast has looked (minus the change in lower thirds with the BBC News rebrand in 2013) exactly the same since 2012 (which was two years before GMB launched)!

Your list also doesn't include the Daybreak update when they introduced the red sofa, nor indeed the massive rebrand in September 2012 - BBC Breakfast has looked significantly different after some of its 'brand updates', so if they're included then so should a Daybreak rebrand.

I'd hardly say the current brand is no-longer in-keeping with current design trends, either. Flat graphics are still very much a thing!

I realise I'm talking to someone with blinkered vision on this topic, so don't expect you to change your mind. Whatever GMB changes will always be good/right, despite the fact that whatever the change replaced was good/right too...
LS
Lou Scannon
Are you all not majorly overreacting? From what's been said so far, this seems equal to any of the following;

Breakfast 03
Breakfast 06
Breakfast 09
Breakfast 12
GMTV 2003
GMTV 2006
GMTV 2009
Daybreak Jan 2012

A very selective list, no?

Rolling Eyes

Surely the whole point of DanielK's post is to say that he is inclined to anticipate tomorrow's GMB (so-called) "revamp" will in fact be more like a relatively minor "refresh" (as opposed to a more wholehearted overhaul), and he has therefore only listed examples of past "mere refreshes" (rather than any "full proper revamps" that have occurred before/after/in-between those) to illustrate the very opinion that he is expressing to us?
AL
alexhb01
If they update their graphic set, could they be going with the American and Aussie styles? All of which have been updated recently.
AL
alexhb01

I guess the '#wakeuptosomethingdifferent' supports the suggestions it could be a rather large or significant relaunch than just a little refresh.
PC
p_c_u_k
Wake up to something different could be as simple as a tagline making it clear Good Morning Britain, with Piers Morgan occasionally causing chaos, is a very different proposition to BBC Breakfast.
BB
BBI45
Wake up to something different could be as simple as a tagline making it clear Good Morning Britain, with Piers Morgan occasionally causing chaos, is a very different proposition to BBC Breakfast.

I understand why you may think that.

However, "I wonder what it could be?" suggests that it is likely referring to a relaunch/refresh, rather that Piers causing trouble wherever he goes.

EDIT: Here is the Tweet I am referring to: https://twitter.com/TVRav/status/842818979634823168?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw (When I try to insert it into the post, it doesn't show up).
NE
newsmonkey
I'm just gonna leave this here. You can compare and contrast tomorrow!
:-(
A former member
That whole thing of having the headline text full-screen before moving to a strap at the bottom of the screen seems very en vogue elsewhere but is yet to make its way here.

What I think would work (and would fit the show better) would be to have a giant Piers climbing the ITV Tower, King Kong style, during the titles.
BB
BBI45
I hope they have graphics that are similar to M1 Híradó in Hungary. Simple, yet effective.
DE
deryn
maybe the wake up to somthing different was to tell us that there are changes to gmb
BR
Brekkie
Or they're giving up and telling people to watch Breakfast. Wink
Stedixon and cyberdude gave kudos

Newer posts