Media Websites

Digital Spy

to be downsized ... (November 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SL
Shaun Linden
The Big Brother fans should be given some credit in helping making the forums the success that they are for Digital Spy.
JA
james-2001
DS was doing well when I first joined, and that was months before they had a Big Brother forum. I also feel the Big Brother popularity though is partly what led to the slippery slope into showbiz, clickbait stuff, rather than media & technology that it used to be.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Don't get me wrong, DS was a decent tech site back in the day, but it was the downmarket BB stuff that go the attention of the publisher who acquired the site which made it a commercially viable product.
JA
james-2001
"We will be posting regular progress updates to our social media feeds"

*Looks at their Twitter and Facebook pages and sees loads of clickbait headlines, but not a single forum update*
WI
Wicko
There is still no update on when it will be back. Still the same message as yesterday. Makes you wonder if they really are coming back!
JA
james-2001
The right-wingers and licence fee bashers will go mad I guess, but at least they have other sites to go to. God knows where the BBers will go though.
WI
Wicko
The right-wingers and licence fee bashers will go mad I guess, but at least they have other sites to go to. God knows where the BBers will go though.

Digital Spy has far more left-wingers than right wingers! If you ever venture onto the Politics Threads, the left wingers are always sat at their keyboards attacking anyone who dares to say they vote Tory. Right wingers I think will find it easier to cope without DS than left wingers. The Licence Fee bashers? Yes, there are a few who don't agree with the Licence Fee, but as this is supposedly a democracy, it's their right isn't it? There is one poster on DS who loves the BBC so much that her posts are on the verge of obsessiveness!
JA
james-2001
I regularly post in the politics forum and from my point of view it's full of Kipper types praising Farage and Trump and the likes and attacking "remoaners". Not to mention all the muslim bashing.
WI
Wicko
I regularly post in the politics forum and from my point of view it's full of Kipper types praising Farage and Trump and the likes and attacking "remoaners".

Praising Trump and Farage? You mean people who use their democratic right to have a contrary viewpoint and ideology to your own? It's comments like the one you just made that causes the "hate and division" that is apparently widespread. There are many on the DS forum who refuse to engage with posters who support Trump and Farage, and if they did engage, they might discover that it isn't praise but more recognition that they say things that many resonate with. And no, not racists, xenophobes or bigots. But hey! Let's not get embroiled in political debate on here. Let's wait until DS is back, if it's back.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Going by DS's LBC chit chat thread in the radio section, it's the usual right wing brigade.
WI
Wicko
Going by DS's LBC chit chat thread in the radio section, it's the usual right wing brigade.

You do realise that the UK as a whole is more aligned to the right than it is to the left don't you? Politics in the UK usually lies bang in the centre with the tendency to turn slightly right more often than it does left. It therefore beggars the Question as to whether the usual "right wing brigade"as you call it, is speaking more for the country than the usually rabidly vocal left that assumes EVERYONE shares the same views as they do and then can't deal with the outcome when it is proven that they don't!
JB
JasonB
God knows where the BBers will go though.

Careful, they might flock over here.

Newer posts