TV Home Forum

BBC Oneness - idents and presentation

"Watch this space" as BBC Creative respond to ident change request (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DP
D.Page
Jonny posted:
Pretty brazen to produce an ident that's just begging to look inferior by comparison to something produced 10 years ago...

It's a similar story with the Wheelchair Rugby idents, and Rhythm and Movement's Wheelchairs ident, featuring Ade Adepitan:

Brekkie and Charlie Gough gave kudos
CA
Cavan
...as did Network and all the Nations.

Not exactly true - NE & Cumbria used the Mountain Rescue ident.
:-(
A former member
Pedantry required again. Darren said Nations not nation! Wink
DP
D.Page
Cavan posted:
...as did Network and all the Nations.

Not exactly true - NE & Cumbria used the Mountain Rescue ident.

I class Wales, NI and Scotland as Nations.

NE & Cumbria etc etc as Regions, which I made no mention of.
MM
MMcG198
One thing to note, where's the Oneness strap?

It's been known for some time that Forest would not include any reference to the Oneness campaign. Forest was intended to be used only in extreme situations. Clearly, there's been a policy change of some sort in the last few days. An interesting development.
VM
VMPhil
Jonny posted:
Pretty brazen to produce an ident that's just begging to look inferior by comparison to something produced 10 years ago...

To be honest, my first thought was that it's not as good as this from Channel 4, which is 14 years old!

Last edited by VMPhil on 15 January 2017 12:50pm
GL
Gluben
Personally, I don't think BBC Creative can see the w...no, it's too easy...
MM
MMcG198
Pedantry required again. Darren said Nations not nation! Wink

I think Cavan is maybe hinting at the fact that England is a nation? However, the BBC will refer to Nations and Regions, where the Nations are NI, Scotland and Wales and the Regions are the various English Regions.
DP
D.Page
Jonny posted:

To be honest, my first thought was that it's not as good as this from Channel 4, which has just celebrated its 15th birthday!

(screenshot from TV Live)

And d'you know why ...because it's been shot in an interesting way, with an unusual vantage point, and a fantastically bright sun between the trees. Not a predictable camera position with nothing but trees, trees, plain old virtually identical trees. Oh, and with one broken tree in an attempt to make it appear a little more interesting. Couldn't anybody with a camera to hand, and no thought in their mind as to how to shoot the scene in an interesting way, not produce something like that?
BR
Brekkie
Wicko posted:
If you're going to rename the ident...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but nobody is, as of yet, aware of its official title so it's down to the visuals as to what people think is the most accurate description. I say it is a wood, others may think of it as a forest. Both descriptions, or something else, like tress for example is fine too. It doesn't really matter. We all know what we are referring to.

It says everything about the quality of these that the BBC haven't uploaded them to YouTube or a page on their own website as they have generally done in recent years.

This latest "effort" is poor beyond belief and doesn't fit in with the supposed concept so far anyway.
LO
lobster
the really frustrating thing is that woodlands and forests are wonderful places photograph, i'm by no means a pro, but a couple of snaps from my collection

show the difference just taking the photograph when the sun is low in the sky and the light isn't flat - you get those lovely beams of light and wonderful warm tones. you don't even have to stay out late... both of those were taken at about 2pm (in early january).

you can even use the environment for a few abstracts, too...

Last edited by lobster on 15 January 2017 2:00pm - 2 times in total
:-(
A former member
Looks like this is being used for the news now.

Newer posts