TV Home Forum

Quest and Quest Red

New idents. (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
Quest has expanded its idents again to included this gem. It seem to be connected to Eurosport.

Im still looking for the non xmas versions of car and fishing idents. There never seem to pop up when I look
Last edited by A former member on 21 July 2017 12:21am - 2 times in total
DB
dbl
Correct. It's to incorporate the deals done for live sport to the channel, we do the same for movie nights as well.
A former member
dbl posted:
Correct. It's to incorporate live sport event deals, we do the same for movie nights as well.

When did this sports deal come in to play , What movie night?
DB
dbl
dbl posted:
Correct. It's to incorporate live sport event deals, we do the same for movie nights as well.

When did this sports deal come in to play , What movie night?

We had a classic B movie/Halloween stunt a few months ago, where special idents, bumpers and promos were created. Quest have been doing for that for a few years, however this year it's been the British Superbike Championship (May) and Snooker.
A former member
That seems to have gone noticed. not a good sign especial on here. Do you know if there any more sport to come? Also are the live action ident still in use?
DB
dbl
The live action idents are still in use, it's just we switch to the show-centric idents/OSP to help build up promotion. Not sure of the dates to hand, but there's a couple in 2017.

Basically, Quest gets a lot of attention, so there's always special packages created (more than even Discovery)
A former member
I'll have to keep on looking, I could never click what the Chesse break bumper was all about.

I could never spot "Robson Green’s Ultimate Catch" nor the one with the cars idents a while back, and every other time it was just the normal ones. If any date appear, Myself and other would be very grateful Wink

If anyone wish to see what Quest are up to: http://tvlive.org.uk/tv-presentation/other/factual/quest/quest-2014/

25 days later

A former member
Are these real and when were or are used?

DB
dbl
They are indeed real, that was used back in late summer for a stunt of Crime programmes on Quest. Here's the menu:

Quest also did split screen advertising during Snooker:
Last edited by dbl on 8 January 2017 6:15pm - 2 times in total
A former member
Cheers for that!, Of course Im not a big crime programme person, so I wouldn't have tuned in Wink I noticed the Split screen, while watching the snooker. There is a NEW break bumper:

Finally caught up with this one,
A former member
I have caught up with the Combat Dealers live action Ident, Yes its in the style of dads army.

16 days later

A former member
Well this was surprise: The break bumper has came back, so maybe the ident has been brought back for use after nearly 11 months. Gives me hope Cars That Rock With Brian Johnson ident and pres might come back.

Newer posts