TV Home Forum

Classic Christmas Presentation UNSEEN in years

(December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
This video has real true classic xmas gems, and shouldn't be hidden away in Classic YT thread,
A former member
Here is another one:

A former member
BE
Ben Founding member
Not sure about unseen in years but how about this...

Stuart and Larry the Loafer gave kudos
A former member
Here is another xmas gem: also are those puppets the forerunner to Disco bus?
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
ITV Christmas trailers from the 1989 corporate logo era. I believe there was only presentation featuring this logo for 1989,1990, 1991 & 1993. 1992 seemed to go partly regional and from1994 I believe the presentation was fully regional ?

1989 - first christmas with the new logo using the 'V' as upturned Christmas trees (notice only 30 minutes of soap back then)

1990 - will only play from YouTube

- Christmas Films

1992 - A 'Perfick Christmas' - Darling Buds of May themed presentation. Regional logo appearance at the end.

1993 - Back to ITV corporate style

Watching some of these makes you realise that the 'art' of making trailers has been lost somewhere down the line.
A former member
Quote:
ITV Christmas trailers from the 1989 corporate logo era. I believe there was only presentation featuring this logo for 1989,1990, 1991 & 1993. 1992 seemed to go partly regional and from 1994 I believe the presentation was fully regional ?

It wasnt networked even in 89- 94.

Places like Central, TVS and Scottish just said No to any of the pres, Im sure Anglia was also the same.
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
Quote:
ITV Christmas trailers from the 1989 corporate logo era. I believe there was only presentation featuring this logo for 1989,1990, 1991 & 1993. 1992 seemed to go partly regional and from 1994 I believe the presentation was fully regional ?

Places like Central, TVS and Scottish just said No to any of the pres, Im sure Anglia was also the same.

Yes, although I believe there were many opt outs this network wide presentation existed in those years before it was left to each region in 1994. Didn't those that opted out the rest of the pres still take the ITV branded trailers ?
A former member
Quote:

Yes, although I believe there were many opt outs this network wide presentation existed in those years before it was left to each region in 1994. Didn't those that opted out the rest of the pres still take the ITV branded trailers ?

Short answer is No. TVS, STV and Central were very clear on not taking those ITV branded promos.
AN
Andrew Founding member
I quite like these christmas trailers from ITV in 1988, the year when they had the almost corporate logo before the actual corporate logo introduced in 1989

What is bizzare is how a daily highlights trailer features a film on at 1:10am!
WH
Whataday Founding member
I loved this HTV Christmas presentation from the mid nineties, which although pretty basic was very festive. I guess it has an added charm because it's a real model rather than CGI as was commonplace at the time.

The ident can be seen at the end of the clip.

TE
tesandco Founding member
On the subject of the Tyne Tees tweaked versions of the network Christmas Presentation from 1992 mentioned above, this wasn't even always used within the region. During the day they had the regionally tinkered with versions of the trailers. But during the night as Yorkshire were putting out their dual region 'Night Shift' service, it would drop back to generic ITV branded trailers instead. This seemed to continue as the standard operation from YTTTV through 1993, until they re-established fully separate overnight branding in each region.

TTTV Branded - Christmas 1992

ITV Branded - Christmas 1992

(God, how sick must everyone have been of hearing The Darling Buds of May music that year mind!)

Newer posts