The Newsroom

US Presidential Election 2016

Run up to election graphics and coverage (February 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DA
davidhorman
Does something like this happen to the studio if Trump gets elected?

http://weatherfieldgazette.co.uk/norris/the-day-today-war.gif

Is... is that Davros ? Shocked
JA
james-2001
Is... is that Davros ? Shocked

No it's just Trump...

oh, not much difference there Wink
Rkolsen and cityprod gave kudos
MO
Mouseboy33
Not sure if this has been posted. Sky News is using this studio in Times Square. Not sure who's studio this is, but there are loads in the Square since its visually "stunning" for TV. But its not angle I've seen. So it must be a rental studio that is not use for a regular broadcast.

Last edited by Mouseboy33 on 7 November 2016 1:27pm
HC
Hatton Cross
Its on the corner just above the massive curved screen/ticker at Times Square studios isn't it?
Certainly looks like the view you'd see looking up Broadway from around there...
CI
cityprod
Not sure if this has been posted. Sky News is using this studio in Times Square. Not sure who's studio this is, but there are loads in the Square since its visually "stunning" for TV. But its not angle I've seen. So it must be a rental studio that is not use for a regular broadcast.

I might be wrong, but I think that is the old studio they used to air "Olbermann" from on ESPN2 from 2013-2015.
NJ
news junkie

I might be wrong, but I think that is the old studio they used to air "Olbermann" from on ESPN2 from 2013-2015.

Kay said yesterday, on the Facebook video I posted in the Sky News thread, she said it was R Lounge, as such they had to bring their own lighting rig as it only had the lounge lights.
JC
JCB

That was abc's times square studios. Sky News are broadcasting from a bar/restaurant in the Renaissance hotel.
HC
Hatton Cross
Keith Olbermann's studio for his ESPN2 show didn't actually have any real outward facing windows.

It was all the work of some very good HD projection/monitors.

He posted a clip via his Twitter feed, which showed him and the crew walking into the studio after watching the Stanley Cup final, and the backdrop where Times Square was usually seen, wasn't seen.

A brilliant piece of set and lighting design to make you think he was 3 floors up, looking out over the square.
CI
cityprod
Keith Olbermann's studio for his ESPN2 show didn't actually have any real outward facing windows.

It was all the work of some very good HD projection/monitors.

He posted a clip via his Twitter feed, which showed him and the crew walking into the studio after watching the Stanley Cup final, and the backdrop where Times Square was usually seen, wasn't seen.

A brilliant piece of set and lighting design to make you think he was 3 floors up, looking out over the square.

Actually, there were a couple of segments where you saw actual outside facing windows, not the usual backdrop shot. The videos are still up on YouTube. Here's an example.

JK
JK08
Sian Williams is in Washinghton with Matt Barbet in the studio for tonight's '5 News at 5'.
Last edited by JK08 on 7 November 2016 5:27pm
IN
Independent
The Fox studio cost $20 million.
http://www.adweek.com/news-gallery/television/check-out-multimillion-dollar-studio-fox-built-election-night-174442
The 'chandelier' below can be lowered among other things.
http://www.adweek.com/files/imagecache/node-blog/2_20.png
SC
scottishtv Founding member
A good summary of TV and online coverage, and how to stream most of it:
How to follow the 2016 election results online

Newer posts