The Newsroom

NEWS at TEN - January 2016 Relaunch

Big Ben & Bradby (January 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BA
Barney
GMc posted:
Alastair Stewart presenting NaT tonight

Definitely one to watch, nice to see he's been chosen over Julie, Rageh and Nina for a change.

With the holiday season in England, it may be a case of none of the above available...

I Wonder how much longer will Bradby at Ten last, little under a year and now 2 more presenters (Nina & Al) have been added to the presenting rota, as originally Tom was the main host, with Julie deputising and Rageh as occasional presenter.
WH
whoiam989
So, does anyone know when will Alastair Stewart present his next 'last' News at Ten bulletin?

His previous 'last ever' News at Ten :
BR
Brekkie
GMc posted:
Definitely one to watch, nice to see he's been chosen over Julie, Rageh and Nina for a change.

With the holiday season in England, it may be a case of none of the above available...

I Wonder how much longer will Bradby at Ten last, little under a year and now 2 more presenters (Nina & Al) have been added to the presenting rota, as originally Tom was the main host, with Julie deputising and Rageh as occasional presenter.

Yes, because using someone who has very much been a utility presenter for ITV for over a decade on a bank holiday weekend is a surefire sign they're about to axe the main presenter.

Bradby has improved significantly and more importantly the show is a much better product than it was a year ago, despite Mark and Julie's efforts. I don't think it's moved siginfiicantly either way in the ratings at all but I do feel the ITV News brand as a whole is stronger now than it was a year ago thanks to the renewed importance of News at Ten.
Nicky, London Lite and chris gave kudos
CH
chris
Everyone has lots of leave because of Brexit and the terror attacks. No biggie.
AN
Andrew Founding member
GMc posted:

Someone hosting a different bulletin during the heart of summer does not mean they have been 'added to the presenting rota'
Cando, Nicky and London Lite gave kudos
RD
RDJ
You can tell Al is loving being back on News at Ten!
TV
thetvman
Strange, no News at Ten backdrop today?
GM
Gary McEwan
Strange, no News at Ten backdrop today?

The NaT backdrop is being used.
GM
Gary McEwan
No offence to Tom Bradby in anyway, but that was News at Ten. Absolutely sublime!
VM
VMPhil
What a very nice surprise to turn on News at Ten for the first time in weeks to see Alastair presenting, purely by chance! He even voiced the 'And Finally…' report on Tommy Cooper.

20 days later

TI
tightrope78
ITV unveils plans to MOVE the News at Ten to make way for new nightly show

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/itv-unveils-plans-move-news-8837342
:-(
A former member
Already being talked about on the main page.

Newer posts