With Wimbledon on the way, I wonder how many times the following things will happen which will no doubt he discussed at great length in this thread when they do.
- Today at Wimbledon will start late and run to a reduced length
Yes, this happened a few times
- Today at Wimbledon won't air on TV at all
At least once but I've known worse
- Rain will stop play resulting in BBC Two coming off air and wheeling out various fillers including Coast
Did this happen, there was very little rain throughout
- The BBC News at Six will be disrupted in some way and even air on BBC Two
Yes but only once
- The regional news will be disrupted and even run to a reduced length
Only happened once due to Murray's less successful run, it aired at 7pm but still full length
- Coverage will move back to BBC One meaning The One Show airs on BBC Two
- Sue Barker mentioning that "EastEnders will follow the conclusion to the tennis"
- there will be a seat of the pants moment where the EPG
goes mad and nobody quite knows what will be happening
Happened quite a few times
- There will be a bizzare schedule change that seems to cause maximum disruption for minimum benefit that armchair schedulers here would have done better, such as BBC One joining tennis that had 5 mins left and then having to fill as BBC Two had just started showing the usual programme
This one took a different turn where even when BBC Two had started showing another programme it wasn't an issue. The QI fiasco will be remembered here for years, airing The One Show meaning coverage was halted for 30 mins was another strange one. No analysis of that match on the Wednesday was evened out by about 4 hours of analysis after the men's final!
- The BBC shoehorning in a trailer break with Sue Barker linking into it with a pun about, "The drama on Centre Court isn't the only drama on BBC One this summer.."
The Doctor Who trailer was obviously this one
- BBC One and Two cross overs where Sue says hello and goodbye on both channels at the same time, extra points of it results in a not very clean cut off.
She did this on the first Friday, but I think it was cleanly done
DE88 and Critique gave kudos