- All BBC regions finally go HD.
- BBC Red Button launches a separate stream dedicated to Coronavirus Updates.
- Danny Boyle plans a Covid based film for Netflix.
- A 'Royal' takes part in The Masked Singer but Twitter outrage as nobody has heard of them.
- Another series of Birds of A Feather is commissioned on ITV but controversially without Pauline Quirke, who has announced her retirement from acting. Joe Wicks appears as a special guest star in one episode but can't act.
- BBC1 finally drops Oneness branding.
- Kay Burley decides not to return to Sky News but does a special investigative documentary for ITV Tonight on rule breaking.
- BBC Four dedicates an evening to Sir Michael Parkinson for the 50th anniversary of his talk show.
- Matt Hancock steps down as health secretary due to 'excessive stress', BBC News delays a special EastEnders to announce this news causing uproar by viewers.
- Blackadder returns for Red Nose Day although the telethon itself is dropped.
- Iceland win Eurovision 2021 in a reduced capacity venue.
- Covid infection numbers reduce dramatically by June, Sporting venues allowed to reopen fully including Wimbledon in the first full crowd televised event since 2020. Many think it's still too soon and there are huge concerns over Euro 2021.
- Shane Richie returns to EastEnders even though there is no where for his character to go but somehow he gets involved with Sharon etc etc.
- Vernon Kay returns to ITV to present a new quiz show
- Revamped Question of Sport launches.