Okay here are a few of mine, some more genuine than others...
- GB News or Murdoch's News UK to buy out That's TV, Made In, and London Live to claim Freeview channel 8, with a token regional programme thrown into the schedules.
- Oneness returns on 1st Jan just to annoy TV Forum members, before receiving a new look shortly afterwards.
- Gregg Scott announced as new host of Countdown (as Rylan was unavailable).
- With an iPlayer first approach BBC One focuses as a 'BBC Showcase' channel, BBC Two focuses on being a 'BBC Alternatives' channel whilst BBC Three is relaunched as a 'Best of the Nations' channel with national programming, whilst BBC Four focus on 'Classic from the Archives'.
- More TVS archives are found in a secret nuclear air raid shelter.
- Ofcom's Freeview review will decide that another multiplex needs converting to DVB-T2, but they put off implementing it for at least a few years.
- A Covid-19 vaccination publicity stunt involving Z-list reality TV stars and quite a few pricks*.
- UTV rebrands as ITV U.
- After signing a deal with Netflix Prince Harry and Megan Markle are announced to appear as themselves in series 6 of The Crown.
- Channel 5 shows a new episode entitled 'Unrepeatable TV', which is repackaged from a programme shown earlier this year.
(*Of vaccine needles)
"Listen, we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but from now on what I think you should bring is silence." - Rimmer