One of the very last main pages is getting a nice tidy up, ( taken over a year to get many of the pages improved, what can you do. hopeful BBC One just needs some minor details from the 1970s and Southern could do a bit more improvements to its operation history anyways)
I have come across a few bits and bobs but nothing around which seems to back it up, Nothing in three national papers, nothing on line, nothing from books. Can anyone remember anything about the folowing:
* In 1986, Central established Television Sales and Marketing Services Ltd. (TSMS), a joint venture between itself and Anglia Television, another ITV broadcaster. The role of TSMS was to secure airtime sales and program sponsorships, in part to recover production costs. In addition, TSMS acted as consultant to international broadcasters like BBC Select, Nederland 1 in The Netherlands, and Westcountry.
* Central operated offices in London, New York, Sydney, and Hamburg. Besides functioning as news-gathering centers, these international bureaus also facilitated international sales and sponsorship of Central's programs.
* International Coproductions Central completed the 1988 Legacy of Civilization documentary series, made in conjunction with Maryland Public Television. Another series, Nuclear Age, was produced along with WGBH, a Boston-based public television station, and NHK, a Japanese broadcaster.
* In November 1991, Central purchased its rented headquarters in Birmingham and renamed it West Midlands Television Center. Also that year, Television Sales and Marketing Services acquired the airtime sales operation of Ulster Television in Northern Ireland.
* Central also refocused its business by severing ties with Chris Bearde Entertainment, a game show production house that had lost an estimated US$5 million, and Wordstar, a company providing newspapers and magazines with entertainment news worldwide.
* Zodiac, Central's USA program production subsidiary
it just seems strange certain parts of the history are missing,...
Last edited by 623058 on 27 August 2013 1:51pm - 2 times in total
Is the next post dreaded?