Oh for God's sake stop with your loaded bullcrap. STV didn't "hate" it. There might be sour grapes with the network for decommissioning High Road but they didn't "hate" it.
The "wolfs" you refer to are Carlton in London who wanted the show axed, eyeing up the slot for their own soap. YTV did what they had to do.
It's bad enough you can barely spell without being a fountain of fake news as well.
You seem to be getting in to a tiss for no good reason, Fountain of fake news?
* Fact Emmerdale was a peak time soap since 1977.
* Fact: Until roundabout 1988 Scottish, Grampian and Anglia kept Emmerdale at 17.15 There was even clip of been dumped at 2.15 on a sunday in 1987.. brand new episodes on sunday afternoon? What was so important Anglia had to put on mid week at 7pm?
* Fact : Everyone moved the series to 18.30 become Xroads was about to end.
* Fact: YTV and TT dropped Take the high road as fast as there could... when the network dropped it, and there were the only two not to pick the series back up, after viewers complained. There did restart the series were there left off in 1996 damage was done.
* STV moved the series back to 17.10 along with some higher racking networks shows. why not not move them to 18.30?
Wolves you say were Carlton? that fake news right there, since it was two before 1991 the wolves were out to get Emmerdale.. The Wolves were the newspaper and others sniffing blood for another kill..