Kay Burley presenting from home this morning.
How are these home setups powered, does anyone know? Do those lights and equipment require a generator of some kind, or can they somehow operate off a domestic supply?
No, can all be run off a domestic power supply. It really isn't very much at all:
- four LED Dedolights at 40w each
- a fairly standard domestic television although running on custom picture settings to make it acceptable on camera
- the LiveU and the other networking equipment would barely draw more than a regular laptop (much of it designed to be run off a camera crew's V-lok batteries in the field)
- the 3x iPads for prompt/return/local camera output will draw barely more than 30w in total when charging
- the camera will perhaps draw 30-50w
Running a kettle to boil a coffee in the morning is going to use more than all that combined!
They could easily install a single 1000w UPS and run the entire setup (maybe excluding the television) but it would unlikely to be considered necessary, as there will always be a standby presenter in a hard-wired local studio if there is an issue on the remote presenter end - whether that be loss of power, loss of network connection, or another issue.