I notice TV Live
has increased its coverage of the "launch look" of News 24. I didn't have the luxury of being able to view the channel at the time so was wondering if people could clarify a few things.
- Am I right in saying News 24 launched in N9
and then moved to N8
? When did this move happen? Was the set just overlooking the newsroom at the balcony in N8 or was there a secondary set too, like there was from 1999? I'm a bit confused as to where sport and business came from - was it just the edge of the desk?
- Why did this move ever happen? If it was always intended for World to go to N9, why didn't they put News 24 straight into N8?
- When World moved into N9, did they change the set?
- There are two versions of the titles - one with a small 'BBC News 24' logo at the bottom, another with a big one slapped in the middle of the screen. Were they used interchangeably or did one replace the other?
- Did the yellow News 24 weather maps last right through to the 2000 new look for BBC Weather?
Would be great to see more videos of the period if anyone has any, other than the obvious on YouTube.