Right then... here's my first post and it's something that I've been working on for quite some time now. Before people get annoyed that someone's posted yet another breakfast program project, I've been working on this since around January and before I even found TV Forum (previous versions were totally hideous and I feel this is the first version that seems decent).
The idea for this show was that with people turning to online services (YouTube, Netflix, etc.) for entertainment, why not try to take traditional TV and put it online as well. That is what I have tried to do.
***A few Disclaimers***
- Some people might recognise the logo I'm using, it comes from TV Matters' Daybreak Mock from back in 2011 (http://tvforum.uk/thegallery/daybreak-mock-32284/
). I have used this because at first I was trying to make something Today USA and then Today AU style, these both failed and doing this I've found that I'm totally rubbish at logo design.
- Here is a picture of one of my awful first attempts at a logo:
- I am using the CBS This Morning Theme with the NBC Today Introduction
- The graphics aren't fully 16:9 safe as you will see. I didn't worry myself about making sure they were because this would be broadcast as a livestream online in it's current format. If I wanted to adapt it for TV use then I easily could.
Here is a video showcasing the graphics:
If the video won't play for you then here is a screenshot of the standard graphics:
It's worth noting that I've been messing around with this version since May and left it for about 3 months over the summer before I've come back to it. Although I've updated a couple of the stories, the Norwich Promotion one has been left because I think it did a good job of showcasing a couple of graphics that wouldn't have been shown if I'd changed it.
Also thought I'd throw in an example of the referendum graphic which I made the other day.
Things I want to Working On
- A running order and explaining how I want to keep it "newsy" with a focus on Headlines, Sport, Showbiz and Technology news.
- A versatile studio design (the current image is an inspiration image for the studio design I'm thinking of.
- Website design
It's worth noting that I'll keep this up to date later with some images of the other logos for certain segments and some graphics I made at the election.
Constructive criticism and feedback is appreciated. So far I've only had my own feedback. This has come a long way since the first design in January... (see spoiler)
I'll try to take on board any feedback and make any necessary changes. If you do rate, please reply saying why you've given that rating and how I can improve.
Last edited by UBox on 28 December 2015 8:16pm - 4 times in total