It’s a real shame getting a low rating. I’d be interested to know what I can improve on?
It's one of those Marmite-esque ideas - that has promise but at the moment, the description and execution of it is iffy and meh.
Personally, if I saw a show with Mel Giedroyc and Emma Willis presenting, I'd quite happily run into a wall at high speed and head first or take a tranquilizer (a little drastic but hey I'm known for doing stupid things in real life). On a serious note, I'd change your main presenter to say JUST ONE who had handle the format - one viewers like and can handle the light and shade well (ie Aled Jones or perhaps Emma Willis as a standalone).
Let's start with the titles/logo and theme. I'd make the titles a little more snappier and more viewer engaging - and the theme too. The title screen/logo needs an overhaul: perhaps a Serif Sans font - and all on one level (ie: 'Sunday LIVE or Weekend LIVE) - and the background a lighter colour: pastel colours as an example. Perhaps the last shot of the titles, TRANSITION to the logo reveal THEN transition shot to STUDIO/PRESENTER. A more smoother opener IMO.
Format wise - a one hour/90 minutes show:
- Emma Willis or Aled Jones (as he seems suited to the 'Weekend' series he did for ITV) / or Eamonn and Ruth (if you go TWO)
Paper Review or the week's Hot Topics - with a panel (say THREE others)
- Real-Life Hot Topic (True Life feature) or Celebrity Interview
- Showbiz w/ (whoever who put in here) / VT
about an issue/celebrity, etc.
- Second Celebrity Interview / Band Interview / Political Figure / Show Launches A Campaign, etc
- Cookery with Simon Rimmer or Phil Vickery or James Martin
- Band Interview and Live Performance / Celebrity Interview / True Life Segment
That would be my preferred schedule - and plus, the segments are flexible so the topics can be moved around!
Hope my suggestions have helped with the execution of the show. Perhaps these can help.
lukeshep, Josh and DeMarkay gave kudos