As promised, a few site stats to welcome in the new year for those who just really like stats. Some negative comments on how much one person can do towards the back end of 2016 really spurred me on this year. And so as we draw a close on 2017 for TV Whirl, I thought I'd give a quick look back at a few of the things that have been achieved in the busiest year in the site's history so far.
* 650 new video clips added, taking the site total to around 2200. So 30% of all site video has been added in 2017.
* Increased the resolution and put most of these out at 50fps.
* 5322 larger resolution images added to the site.
* Coverage from 20 additional channels.
* 1585 teletext frames added to the site, meaning there's now over 2000 teletext pages available on the site.
* 1 new DVB-T/T2 tuner, 2 additional DVB-T tuners, 2 additional DVB-S tuners, 2 analogue tuners, a Betamax machine and a Roku player added to the collection of capture hardware in place for the site.
* 23 new website logos designed. Unfortunately 22 of those were lost in an incident with some magnets, which also destroyed all backups at the same time. Woe is me!
A lot more is planned for 2018 as the site moves into it's 17th year online. Indeed some further DVB-T2/DVB-S2 hardware has already been acquired and is just waiting to come into use, and we already had our first 3 clips from 2018 online within the first 2 hours of the year dawning, Okay, it was only Oneness, but hopefully there'll be some nicer things to showcase in the months ahead.
Thanks to everyone who's shown support for the website this year, and here's to a Happy New Year 2018!