TV Home Forum

Sky Sports New Season = New Graphics?

(July 2003)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
jay Founding member
I wonder if sky Sports will do anything to their football graphics this season, as they seem to have found their 'generic' look.
Does anyone have any information or perhaps mock-ups of what they would like to see? (Maybe you should post your ideas in the Mocks Forum - don't want to cause any problems for other members).
AJ
AJ
they might use the info bar concept - as used on their cricket events Confused

AJ
:-(
A former member
They might change the Press Red icon? Any changes would likely be facilities rather than graphical though.
A former member
Chances are they'll stick with the current graphics or just adapt them slightly. It took long enough for all sports coverage to change to the current look so it wouldn't be worth changing them already.
FU
fusionlad Founding member
jay posted:
I wonder if sky Sports will do anything to their football graphics this season, as they seem to have found their 'generic' look.
Does anyone have any information or perhaps mock-ups of what they would like to see? (Maybe you should post your ideas in the Mocks Forum - don't want to cause any problems for other members).

We'll find out during the FA Community Shield (new name) on Sunday August 10th. New graphics (if there are any) always get launched with this game.

And it's sad to see that Monday Night Football is not going to be on very much at all this season. I used to look forward to Andy Gray's new gadgetry. This may be a clue that Sky Sports are not really interested in the new Monday night games that are being offered for the 94/95 season. The announcement on the new rights can't be too far off now.
MR
mromega
94-95??? That was a while ago.

Sky are very interested in the Monday (Silver) package. MNF is losing out to European football. The Silver package also allows for games to be shown Sunday afternoons.

Monday Night Football is going to be shown every Monday of a Premiership weekend, whether they have a game or not.

On game nights it starts at 7pm as normal, other nights it starts at 6:30pm.

Monday 18th August (No Game)
Monday 25th August (Live Game)
Monday 1st September (No Game)
- International Week -
Monday 15th September (Live Game)
Monday 22nd September (No Game)
Monday 29th September (No Game)
FU
mromega posted:
94-95??? That was a while ago.

Aplogies.... 04/05 Cool
A former member
I'll be more interested to see if they use the Sky graphics for the Cahmpions' League coverage, or they are forced to use the UEFA ones ...
JA
jay Founding member
fusionlad posted:
jay posted:

We'll find out during the FA Community Shield (new name) on Sunday August 10th. New graphics (if there are any) always get launched with this game.

Surely any new graphics will be re-launched on august 9th? the start of the new season?
HA
harshy Founding member
I REALLY hate HTV West posted:
I'll be more interested to see if they use the Sky graphics for the Cahmpions' League coverage, or they are forced to use the UEFA ones ...

They'll have to use the Champions League ones, every other broadcaster uses Champions League Graphics.
FU
Quote:

Surely any new graphics will be re-launched on august 9th? the start of the new season?

New season kicks off on the 16th. See here.

EDIT: Ah I see your point... Div 1 game on the 9th. Possible then I guess.
Last edited by fusionlad on 29 July 2003 8:02pm
HA
harshy Founding member
jay posted:

I am developing some Sky Sports aston at this moment, it's basically a mixture of old and current graphics!

Newer posts