The Newsroom

International News Presentation: Past and Present

(February 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
VI
Viakenny
Portugal's RTP1 will launch a new look on Monday, the day RTP celebrates its 59th anniversary, Until then, their Telejornal is coming from a virtual set (but not the same as their Porto set, which has been virtual for the past few years):

And Bom Dia Portugal has been coming from the RTP3 set (as seen in this video, with several bloopers):

And, speaking of RTP3...

3 às 10 (from Porto), 2015:

Jornal das 12 (from Lisbon), 2015:

18/20 (from Porto), 2015:

3 às 18 (weekend, from Lisbon), 2015:

360° (flagship weeknight bulletin, from Lisbon), 2015 (premiere edition):

3 às 21 (weekend, from the RTP1 set in Lisbon), 2016:
Last edited by Viakenny on 5 March 2016 3:10pm
WW
WW Update
Part of a promotional campaign announcing the terrestrial launch of Italy's Sky TG24 news channel in early 2015:

WW
WW Update
TF1, France; announcement of the second-round presidential election exit polls indicating Sarkozy's victory, 2007:

ORTF's Second Network, France; announcement of the second-round presidential election exit polls indicating Giscard's victory, 1974:

And from the same year, the first round announcement as seen on the ORTF's First Network, which was still in 819-line black-and-white at the time:

LT
LTSC1980

Appear they didn't closed as planned. But their licence will be expired in April 1
WH
whoiam989
Part of a promotional campaign announcing the terrestrial launch of Italy's Sky TG24 news channel in early 2015:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkHFnRXHBds

I made a post about it months ago, and there are questions yet to be answered:

1. What happened to Class TV feeds on other platforms (not its surviving sister channels)?
2. Does Sky TG 24 on DTT differ from the channel on other platforms in terms of scheduling? (Even a minor difference matters.)

(By the way, Class TV, the channel that was replaced by Sky TG 24, was on DTT ch 27. On 24 February this year, it was then replaced by a barker loop for Paramount Channel which officially launched on 27 February. TG 24 launched another version on DTT ch 50, which remains to this day.)
WH
whoiam989
Portugal's RTP1 will launch a new look on Monday, the day RTP celebrates its 59th anniversary...

Ooh... That's great. Will it follow the look of RTP3 and RTP Memória launched last year? Will the rest of RTP's services refresh their look at the same time? Will have to find out at 6 am Portuguese time.

Edit 1: At 6:30, Bom dia Portugal began with a new look, but the preceding countdown was in old look. As of around half past 7 am, I see the RTP3-ish look was finally applied to bumpers, idents, etc., but not the watermark on top left.

Edit 2: As of around 9 am, a new watermark finally appeared.
Last edited by whoiam989 on 7 March 2016 9:52am - 3 times in total
GU
guest03
RBB Aktuell, Germany (Berlin region), 2016 (new lower thirds and modified music)

WW
WW Update
And here's Abendschau, the main local newscast for the Berlin part of RBB's Berlin-Brandenburg dual region:

WH
whoiam989
The new look launched yesterday (7 March) for RTP1 (Portugal) news bulletins:

Bom dia Portugal

Jornal da tarde

Telejornal
AG
AxG
If this was the gallery I'd call it bland, boring, needs refining and reminds me too much of Eesti laul.
HC
Hatton Cross
'New look' or just a news 'refresh' because RTP still have that painfully 70's looking horizontal lines logo.

Still, no matter, nice to see a European broadcaster go with a news studio that doesn't take it's look from a variant based on the BBC news colour palette.
VM
VMPhil
I'm not exactly sure what thread to put this in, but this seems the best bet. I don't know how many people on here watched InfoMania on Current TV, or how many people actually know what it is, but if you were a fan of the show like me you know how hard it is to find archive clips or full episodes online. I was going through an old back up and found a low res FLV video I saved from the Current website at the time, using RealPlayer(!). This is from before it became a 30 minute programme and was really just a renamed Google Current (although slightly different in format).

Newer posts