Requests

Ed Welch quiz themes

Do any exist? (February 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NB
NicB1971
We know that the transmitted version of Quiz Wizard (Blockbusters) [not the single] finally appeared after considerable searching but I wondered if there were clean copies of any other Ed Welch quiz themes, e.g. Concentration, All Clued Up or $64,000 Question. It's such a shame to think these have probably been consigned to history without some form of master tapes being kept. We can but hope...
DE
deanowilliams
he also did the theme tune for Knightmare
CI
cityprod
We know that the transmitted version of Quiz Wizard (Blockbusters) [not the single] finally appeared after considerable searching but I wondered if there were clean copies of any other Ed Welch quiz themes, e.g. Concentration, All Clued Up or $64,000 Question. It's such a shame to think these have probably been consigned to history without some form of master tapes being kept. We can but hope...

Where is this clean version of the broadcast version of the Blockbusters theme?
GM
Gary McEwan

Where is this clean version of the broadcast version of the Blockbusters theme?

Aye, I'd like to know as well...
MI
Michael
Those who know, know. Wink
CI
cityprod
Those who know, know. Wink

That ain't very helpful.
PR
presenterterry
The quality isn't fantastic, but try these:

Blockbusters - Credits
Blockbusters - Titles

Would anybody happen to have better quality versions please? If so, please private message me as I'm happy to trade!
BA
bilky asko
Ed Welch has quite a few tracks in the DeWolfe library, some of which are clearly heavily inspired by actual themes of the time.
NB
NicB1971
The quality isn't fantastic, but try these:

Blockbusters - Credits
Blockbusters - Titles

Would anybody happen to have better quality versions please? If so, please private message me as I'm happy to trade!

Those seem good quality and the ones I had. Not sure if there is a more HQ copy about but I'll keep my ear open.
JB
JasonB
Wasn't there a longer version of the end theme used too?
XI
Xilla
For what it's worth, a clean version of his Catchphrase theme was used on a VHS game back in the day. Sadly the background music always cuts out early (or is interrupted by the "time up" bell).
PR
presenterterry
Funny enough, I remember having this years ago!

Newer posts