The Gallery

WakeUpUK (Updated with V1.1 on Page 2)

Online Breakfast Show (UPDATED ON PAGE 3) (November 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CO
Colorband
Looks fine to me.

We just don't like those super-rounded corners. It looks... wrong .
UB
UBox
Hi All,
Was just looking through all everything I've made and found something that I should have posted with Update 1.1; Christmas Graphics. I've also made the weather bug slightly smaller and moved the clock and logo etc. left a bit to create more room for the straps as David Whitfield suggested.
Last edited by UBox on 27 February 2016 5:29pm
MU
Multi
UBox posted:
Hi All,
Was just looking through all everything I've made and found something that I should have posted with Update 1.1; Christmas Graphics. I've also made the weather bug slightly smaller and moved the clock and logo etc. left a bit to create more room for the straps as David Whitfield suggested.

Everything is a bit too big. And the Christmas hat on the logo looks tacky. Can you smoothen out the two jenga towers at the sides? Other than that everything is good.
UB
UBox
Multi posted:
UBox posted:
Hi All,

Everything is a bit too big. And the Christmas hat on the logo looks tacky. Can you smoothen out the two jenga towers at the sides? Other than that everything is good.

I realise everything is rather large but based on the concept of the show being online and viewers watching on everything from 4" phones to 55" TVs, the text etc. needs to be a decent size for the small screen viewers. The background image is just an inspiration image and the hat idea came from Today AUS but I might not keep it. Maybe just for Christmas elements of the show?
CO
Colorband
Why not do the logo up in Christmas colors instead?
UB
UBox
Why not do the logo up in Christmas colors instead?

Well I've had a go at doing that and I'm not going to go any further without posting it because personally I think it looks dreadful and the colours are totally wrong. The reason I'm posting this is because I need some colour suggestions.
Last edited by UBox on 1 January 2016 8:00pm

58 days later

UB
UBox
***UPDATE***

Hello All,
It's nearly been 2 months since I last posted an update to this so I have decided to show you everything I've done since then.
The video is quite long (over 5 mins) and shows the same parts as in the original video but there's been changes to the straps, how the opener works and also transitions have changed, I've tried to take on board as much of the feedback from last time as possible. Also I've left in the Christmas graphics to show how they would animate in and out. I'll explain everything (with screenshots in Spoilers) after the video.

***Video***

***Video Explained***
1) The end of the opener has been changed and is hopefully now a bit smoother and tidier (inspiration was the TODAY show).
2) New transitions. Although there's a lot going on with them I think they're a major improvement on the previous ones which had far too little going on with them. Apologies if there is some blue around the orange rings on them, Serif didn't do a great job of keying it out.
3) As seen in the Christmas picture above, the straps are now longer, the weather bug shorter and it has been moved right slightly.

4) New name straps which animate in from the right and when coming in above the normal straps, they animate from behind the colours at the side.
Single line of information: *
Two lines of information: *

5) The ticker has been changed to make it more obvious where each story ends and starts. The logo beside "WakeUpUK" changes to the logo most suitable for the story that it's beside, telling the viewer what the story is about. Generally there would be main headlines on the ticker and the top sport, showbiz and technology headline as well.

6) Colours at the side of the straps for all of the different elements. The colour will change depending on what the story is related to with all general news and other items using the Orange colours.

7) A new full screen informative graphic has been added, this is designed to be used either full screen or on an LED panel in the studio.

8.) Examples of how the colours at the side of the straps can be changed to fit in with the feature or talking point. For example the US election shows an US flag.

Hope you like the changes I've made as it's taken quite some time. As always, constructive criticism is welcomed.
Thanks
BR
Brekkie
Actually hard to be constructive sometimes - I think people will either like this or not.

I do like the graphics, nice and clean, though the Wake Me Up stings look too amatuerish to be honest. The logo is growing on me. Hate the music though - sounds very dated.
TV
TV Matters
Looks very familiar to my mock...

http://tvforum.uk/thegallery/daybreak-mock-32284/
BA
bilky asko

He admits nicking it in the original post.
UB
UBox

He admits nicking it in the original post.

Thanks for pointing that out, I tried to credit you in the original post but you mustn't have seen it. I'm quite appaling at logo design and I liked the one you made quite a lot so figured I could recreate it.
UB
UBox
Just want to add a quick question into the mix here as I've been playing around with this full screen graphic:

And was wondering if this (see below) is any better:

The reason I'm thinking of changing to the bottom one is that I wanted to be able to have the video source and 2 shots. For example, a camera shot of a reported on an OB and a shot in the studio so they could discuss the footage as the viewers see it. These shots could simply stack at the side with this new layout.
Let me know which you prefer.

Newer posts