« Topics
Rkolsen2,230 posts since 20 Jan 2014
BBC World
Really don't get why broadcasters are using Periscope when they've got much better avenues of their own to put out such content.

I recently followed a tv station, WCAU aka NBC Philadelphia, and essentially since periscope came out they broadcast all the behind the scenes stuff during their morning show from 4-7AM. Recently they were doing stuff in the newsroom with the assignment editor but I'm not sure what's going on as he moved to a competing station. They eventually move to the studio but the anchors interact with everybody and they do trivia give always. I got a little keychain that came with and holds a pair of earbuds with their logo and their Telemundo sister station logo. Other people have gotten mugs, miniature versions of their helicopter and even a large throw blanket. It's just a way for viewers to interact with the talent and bring it closer to the community.
Don’t let anyone treat you like your a VO/SOT when your a PKG.
London Lite9,572 posts since 4 Jan 2003
London London
Radio Kent also based at The Great Hall has 5 Live.

According to local posts, BBC One SE on DTT and DSAT has BBC London News, the iPlayer version is a simulcast of the News Channel. That shows the iPlayer version isn't being fed by DSAT.
Inspector Sands12,550 posts since 25 Aug 2004
Radio Kent also based at The Great Hall has 5 Live.

According to local posts, BBC One SE on DTT and DSAT has BBC London News, the iPlayer version is a simulcast of the News Channel. That shows the iPlayer version isn't being fed by DSAT.

No, as I understand it what is sent into the encoders that do the web streaming is selected in the same way as the TV outputs.

Sounds like they changed over the DTT and DSAT to carry London but not the Web stream so that stayed on the 'sustaining' BBC1
London Lite gave kudos