Media Websites

Youtube Warning

BBC WW Blocking closedown clips (February 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
james-2001
I've made a few disputes, as some of my clips claim to have Dad's Army on them but all of them don't. One even has the BBC2 Silk ident playing where a Dad's Army episode is supposedly playing at the same point as the ident.

That's not the real reason behind it, is it, the BBC going on a purge of Dad's Army clips with the release of the film this week? But somehow cocked up and caught other stuff instead.
LL
Larry the Loafer
I've made a few disputes, as some of my clips claim to have Dad's Army on them but all of them don't. One even has the BBC2 Silk ident playing where a Dad's Army episode is supposedly playing at the same point as the ident.

That's not the real reason behind it, is it, the BBC going on a purge of Dad's Army clips with the release of the film this week? But somehow cocked up and caught other stuff instead.

There is the release of the newly-animated lost episode too.
SD
sda|
I've about 40 vids with music disputes but are still available so no problems there, again the only few which are blocked completely are closedown vids by BBCWW, although I've got one clip where they claim the anthem and it is still viewable. One of my still viewable uploads has a dispute is the exact length of the BBC1 globe ident in the clip, which could say that BBCWW are claiming the ident itself, and or the clip of the announcer.

Hit and miss really!
SP
Steve in Pudsey
It is ironic given how often broadcasters use clips from YouTube or Pres websites rather than properly sourcing old pres. I'm sure idents with a TV Ark logo have been shown as part of retro packages before now.
NW
nwtv2003
It is ironic given how often broadcasters use clips from YouTube or Pres websites rather than properly sourcing old pres. I'm sure idents with a TV Ark logo have been shown as part of retro packages before now.

There was a 1982 clips show on Channel 5 on Friday evening, there was the full advert for Hamlet that I uploaded to MHP Private Parts a very long time ago, which then got ripped to YouTube, I know it was mine as I encoded directly in windows media format which had that weird ringing noise in the background.

That and they often used a News at Ten opening titles shot taken from TV Ark. And this show was made by ITN... Rolling Eyes
Nathan and Steve in Pudsey gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
So a clear sign that the BBC are set to commercially release a compilation of BBC closedowns then? Wink
ETP1 Forever, Nathan and nwtv2003 gave kudos

11 days later

NA
Nathan
This is getting beyond a joke.
None of these are commercially viable.
LL
Larry the Loafer
Can I just stress this once again... I've already explained this on Page 1.

I have videos that include footage that sources from BBC Worldwide. I was advised to dispute the claims providing I explain how the footage isn't a full episode or replicates the footage BBC Worldwide shows on YouTube. Every time I do, the claim is "rejected," but the block is removed providing I don't monetise the video, which I don't anyway. This is what appears on my video's information after the claim is "rejected". Notice the video is now available to view.

http://i67.tinypic.com/k36rye.png

http://i66.tinypic.com/dh7sec.png

I'm convinced this is some stupid automated system making numerous errors, especially in the case of pres videos on YouTube. It seems that when you dispute and explain yourself, they lift the ban and simply prevent you from making money from the video.

I'm not saying this is entirely risk-free - this is YouTube's copyright system after all - but if I can get away with using clips from videos BBC Worldwide have actually uploaded on YouTube then I'm sure they'll let you off for some continuity that they don't show. They don't use the godforsaken strike system, these are only copyright claims. In theory, if they do completely reject your claim, the worst that will happen is your video stays blocked. Claims don't affect your channel. Strikes do.
SD
sda|
Good post.

Well, I have done just that for my 4 blocked closedown clips so fingers crossed
MF
MatthewFirth
This is getting beyond a joke.
None of these are commercially viable.

OK let me get this right. Stuff featuring logos that were used are blocked, stuff featuring idents that were tests or mock-ups are not. Doesn't seem fair.

13 days later

SD
sda|
Thanks to Larry...

The four BBC closedowns on my channel that were blocked are now not, after filing a claim. They still uphold their copyright etc but they are now viewable, so good news all round!
I think not uploading any BBC material is a bit of a drastic step, that I have seen a few people mention lately.
BE
benriggers
sda| posted:
Thanks to Larry...

The four BBC closedowns on my channel that were blocked are now not, after filing a claim. They still uphold their copyright etc but they are now viewable, so good news all round!
I think not uploading any BBC material is a bit of a drastic step, that I have seen a few people mention lately.

Yes I got this too on all my claims so good news too! Thanks Larry Smile

Newer posts