The Gallery

ITV1 Generic Ident Mock 2011-13 (2003-04 Style)

This is a mock of the 2003 ITV1 Generic Idents.) (January 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
BBI45 posted:
Is it just me or does that make absolutely no sense at all?

It's not just you.

What I meant was that I made mock powerpoints based on the schedules of 2011, 2012 and 2013, but I basically did a 'What if' and the scenario was that they used that presentation during those years.

They wouldn't have done though, so no need to share that with us really. It's just a recration of the 2002-4 generic idents.

Anyway, back to your skills and clearly for your mocks to improve you are going to have to enter the third dimension - they are all clearly 2D at the moment so although this is much better (as it's something which can work in 2D) to improve significantly you'll have to begin working in 3D.

That said there is nothing wrong either with remaining an amateur mocker - we;re spoiled here when it comes to our more talented contributers and often forget this place is just for a bit of fun by people who largely don't do this sort of thing for a living, though I do think with recreations you have to be able to match the quality of the original as otherwise you might as well just upload a copy of the ident from Youtube.
AE
AlexEdohHD13
BBI45 posted:
It's not just you.

What I meant was that I made mock powerpoints based on the schedules of 2011, 2012 and 2013, but I basically did a 'What if' and the scenario was that they used that presentation during those years.

They wouldn't have done though, so no need to share that with us really. It's just a recration of the 2002-4 generic idents.

Anyway, back to your skills and clearly for your mocks to improve you are going to have to enter the third dimension - they are all clearly 2D at the moment so although this is much better (as it's something which can work in 2D) to improve significantly you'll have to begin working in 3D.

That said there is nothing wrong either with remaining an amateur mocker - we;re spoiled here when it comes to our more talented contributers and often forget this place is just for a bit of fun by people who largely don't do this sort of thing for a living, though I do think with recreations you have to be able to match the quality of the original as otherwise you might as well just upload a copy of the ident from Youtube.

The recreation background is 3D (as in the shapes). It's not meant to be exactly like the actual thing.
CO
Colorband
It's not meant to be exactly like the actual thing.

Well, it should be at least 60% realistic looking...
AE
AlexEdohHD13
Here is the short version of the Blue mock ident.
AE
AlexEdohHD13
Here is the short version of the Yellow mock ident
DB
dbl

Its more like 10% realistic looking.
AE
AlexEdohHD13
dbl posted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-ecl4wIm3k
Its more like 10% realistic looking.

I didn't intend for it to look exactly the same as the actual ident. Hope that helps.
BR
Brekkie
Remember in Alex's alternative universe this is where ITV decided to resurrect a decade old logo in 2001 and remake the idents, but not as good as they were previously.
AlexEdohHD13 and rob gave kudos
AE
AlexEdohHD13
Remember in Alex's alternative universe this is where ITV decided to resurrect a decade old logo in 2001 and remake the idents, but not as good as they were previously.

The 2003 Idents of the 'ITV1' era were the best.
BR
Brekkie
I preferred the 2002 generic ident, and as a whole I think the 2004 package was nicer. That era also gave us the gorgeous ITV1 snowflake ident.

I didn't hate the "alive with colour" idents, even if that colour was always yellow, but do feel it could have done with a generic news ident like the 2002-2004 idents.
DB
dbl
2003 and 2005 for me, weren't too shabby IMO.
Last edited by dbl on 1 February 2016 9:14pm
AE
AlexEdohHD13
I preferred the 2002 generic ident, and as a whole I think the 2004 package was nicer. That era also gave us the gorgeous ITV1 snowflake ident.

I didn't hate the "alive with colour" idents, even if that colour was always yellow, but do feel it could have done with a generic news ident like the 2002-2004 idents.

I love the whole '99-'02, '02-'03, '03-04 and '04-'06 era of idents. They were all the best.

Newer posts