The Newsroom

US Presidential Election 2016

Run up to election graphics and coverage (February 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
HB
HarryB
So the 2016 election is coming, and proper coverage seems to begin today on the UK news outputs.

A look at BBC, Sky and GMB's graphics.

JK08 posted:

VM
VMPhil
I've noticed a few problems with Sky News' US election graphics today, sometimes failing to animate properly.
JD
JDN
It's hard to tell from my screen, but is that teal on Sky's graphics?
DW
DavidWhitfield
JDN posted:
It's hard to tell from my screen, but is that teal on Sky's graphics?

I'd call it teal, yes.
UB
UBox
Although GMBs effort is slightly garish and Sky's is quite minimalistic and fits well with everything else, at least they've tried. BBC seem to be scared of creativity, all of the graphics are the same as always and they never seem to put in much effort.
WW
WW Update
Sky News' U.S. election logo keeps reminding me of the Viet Cong flag:

Source: Wikipedia
MO
Mouseboy33
I like the Sky News Graphics, except for the colours they chose, as its not accurate. They could have kept everything else but did something special with the "star box". Kinda ehhh.
DT
DTV
except for the colours they chose, as its not accurate.

To be fair given that the current Republican = Red and Democrat = Blue colour scheme has been in existence for little more than a decade and the Democrat colour is blue enough to be recognisably blue, I'd hardly call it inaccurate. At least one is clearly red and clearly blue, on UK election night some parties get a different colour from every source - the Lib Dems are orange but sometimes yellow, the SNP are usually yellow but sometimes black and government documents have them as purple, the BNP are often Navy Blue but the BBC has invariably coloured them dark yellow and lilac over the years, RESPECT could be red or green and Northern Irish parties are made up on the spot.
:-(
A former member
It was claimed, those colour choices come about with the 2000 election bush and gore, and that what David Dimbleby,

If you look at this 1984 clip said RED - Reagan and B - Democrats are in use back that far. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IS7W9XSoq8
BR
Brekkie
Sky News' U.S. election logo keeps reminding me of the Viet Cong flag:

Source: Wikipedia

The first thing I thought, perhaps incorrectly, was the Confederate flag rather than the Stars and Stripes.
HB
HarryB
Different titles for the 2am opening with generic music. Katty Kay presents from Iowa.

CO
Colorband
[url]*[/url]

What an embarrassing screenshot - looks like she's in midsneeze!

Newer posts