Status of TVS archive

Missing in action? (December 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WH
Whataday Founding member
Any advance on DO-IT?
IS
Inspector Sands
Consequently, please submit suggestions of TVS titles so that they can investigate. Please feel free to publicly post these here or private message me about this.

Investigate what?
VM
VMPhil
One thread. So much bollocks.

Just to add something of worth to this thread. Do check out this Dailymotion channel (run by @televisionsouth). Lots of presentation goodies as well as clips from not only TVS but BBC and other ITV stations.

http://www.dailymotion.com/user/southinview/1
WH
Whataday Founding member
Consequently, please submit suggestions of TVS titles so that they can investigate. Please feel free to publicly post these here or private message me about this.

Investigate what?

They're going to send the seven dwarfs and the soldiers off of Toy Story to Maidstone for a rummage in the attic.
DB
dbl
Filthyy
NB
nbafan89
One thread. So much bollocks.

Just to add something of worth to this thread. Do check out this Dailymotion channel (run by @televisionsouth). Lots of presentation goodies as well as clips from not only TVS but BBC and other ITV stations.

http://www.dailymotion.com/user/southinview/1

already subscribed to not only this but also his twitter feed as well
BA
Bail Moderator
Back on... topic... such as it is please. The train image as the main image for the main forum amuses me, but lets not go off the rails too much.
WH
Whataday Founding member
I don't know that this particularly needed a mod intervention. We have pretty much kept on topic (ie the TVS archive). Yes there have been some light hearted and slightly flippant remarks to try and limit the tedium, but can you actually imagine this thread without them?
BA
Bail Moderator
Oh come on, that was an awesomely awful train pun. The HST as the forum header is why I wandered in, as it and the last few pages started to wander topic wise. HST discussions are best left on the unofficial HST thread on metropol, I'm assuming there is one.

As you were.
Last edited by Bail on 30 January 2016 1:37pm
MA
Maaixuew
Ladies and gentlemen, here we have it. The final edition of Coast to Coast:

RI
Riaz
Any idea what typefaces are used to make the Coast to Coast logo? COAST looks similar to Compacta although a close comparison reveals subtle differences. Wikipedia states that is it Eurostile bold condensed but it isn't identical to the standard version. I can't work out what TO is.

Am I correct that the TVS logo was Clearface Gothic?
NG
noggin Founding member
It could be that the COAST TO COAST logo (the TO is in a different typeface to the COAST) was custom designed as 3D elements by a designer, possibly just using a typeface for inspiration.

In the 80s it would have been less easy just to buy a typeface off the shelf and import it into a 3D package, life wasn't that simple back then. The logo 3D modelling could have been done manually, or been based around a bitmap which was then converted into a vector model for 3D rendering manually.

The 2D flat text will probably have been generated by a caption generator from that era, like an Aston 4/Caption or similar Chyron model, or if the graphics were post produced in a Harry, then the Paintbox (or possibly a Cypher) would have been used.

Newer posts