Media Websites

YouTube Gold

ClassicTV gold on youtube (February 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JB
JasonB
Is it me or has youtube changed their aspect ratio on some videos now?

I notice now that some videos that i have watched in the past were in 4:3 are now in 16:9.

And yes i'm watching the same channels as before.

I know they changed the screen size to 16:9 but even 4:3 videos are now filling the whole screen space!
IS
Inspector Sands
Looking at some of my uploads, I had some 16:9 clips which I had as 4:3 recordings and I digitised as 4:3 before I had the means to resize.

Instead I used tags in YouTube to resize them on playback: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/146402?hl=en-GB Looks like this isn't working anymore, (at least not on the yt app)
JB
JasonB
I certainly know that a few videos I watched at the weekend have been tidied up to fit the entire screen sometime since I last watched them. It's definitely not my mind playing tricks!
:-(
A former member
Rik Mayall on The Cannon & Ball Show, its a gem!

NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
From the Art Attack Christmas Cracker, the first Christmas Special, "behind the scenes" of a Big Art Attack sprinkled throughout the episode.

First segment is at 7:40-9:25, second segment at 13:15-15:15 and third segment at 20:35-24:25. Rest of show is worth watching though, as it's classic Art Attack Very Happy

Apparently "going for a world record" with this one, though for exactly what is never established - presumably it was biggest snow picture or something like that.
Woodpecker and Larry the Loafer gave kudos
BE
benriggers
Not in brilliant quality (filming the TV screen), but this appears to be the clean version of the 1996 BBC2 Christmas ident.

:-(
A former member
Who want to play Cacthwords? here a few episodes.

NJ
A fabulous send-up of some obscure gameshow Wink, courtesy of Cardinal Burns:

Perhaps the better known send-up is this one from Maid Marian:

JA
james-2001
Don't forget The Mary Whitehouse experience did it too

BA
bilky asko
For the sake of completeness...
NJ
I wonder if all the kids in the Dick & Dom skit were aware of the original show and what this was sending up. That skit says 2006 on the end-cap, I dare say most of the kids there weren't born!

In fairness though, the original show was ripe for send-ups, particularly in hindsight when you've seen every episode like 20 times and people with degrees from Oxford who can't understand "press U3!" on a board or put the cogs together or know all the answers from outside the cell and don't have a clue themselves when they get in...
HC
Hatton Cross
A fabulous send-up of some obscure gameshow Wink, courtesy of Cardinal Burns:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQqyZ-cOeo4

That parody has been made with a lot of affection for the original.
The on screen clock in the right position and almost same font. Set design, camera angles and cut aways, and filling the gaps between the team outside bawling instructions to the player of the game.
Plus, the great line about getting the player out of the challenge, with a ludicrous amount of time still left on the clock.

Newer posts