The Newsroom

Channel 4 News

(November 2011)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FA
fanoftv
Is that a square of metal under the desk or are the lights so bright that that section of the floor appears lighter?
IT
itsrobert Founding member
Unless there have been modifications for this refresh, it used to be a cut out in the floor with perspex glass over the top. Having a fear of heights, I always felt a bit nervy when walking on top of it as though it was going to give way! Daft I know as it's not very deep!!

64 days later

BR
Brekkie
Alex Thomson often the forgotten man of C4 News but taking no prisoners over the Cumbria flooding.
:-(
A former member
Jon Snow was just on Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3w8bop/i_am_jon_snow_british_journalist_and_newscaster/
dvboy and newswatcher101 gave kudos

11 days later

DV
DVB Cornwall
Came under the radar, but a full Channel 4 News app has appeared on the Apple TV4 in the last few days. Individual items or complete programme catch-up offered in HD.

28 days later

VM
VMPhil
There's a new 4 News advertising campaign running at the moment, clips of various reports with the tagline 'In-depth news deserves an hour'.

EDIT: Video:

[media:852313cd22]http://up.metropol247.co.uk/012016/1453052059_1871243577.mp4[/media:852313cd22]
Last edited by VMPhil on 17 January 2016 5:40pm - 3 times in total
PF
PFML84
That animation at the start of the trailer is very nice and wouldn't look out of place going in to or coming out of a programme trailer for Channel 4. Seems a shame it is only used for Channel 4 News.
MA
Markymark
I think the illuminated perspex platform the presenter's desk is on needs a rethink. It's so scratched now it resembles a skating rink !
VM
VMPhil
There was a mistake on Saturday evening's bulletin where a seemingly unknown (at least to Matt Frei) clip of a tennis match was played out just before the end. Not particularly notable in itself, but I thought I'd post it as there was a brief frame of a 'C4 News Credits' slide just before the ITN endcap.

Video:
CO
Colorband
Well, at least they took time to make a crash-to-credits slide.
NYTV and Hatton Cross gave kudos
DV
dvboy
Looks like someone decided to show Johanna Konta winning her third round match at the Australian Open, but either forgot to add it to the autocue or they later decided not to do it and forgot to take the VT off the running order.

35 days later

AC
aconnell
Paul Mason quitting his role as Economics Editor to go freelance.

More from the Guardian

Newer posts