TV Home Forum

Sky news weather

Now every half an hour? (July 2003)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
c@t posted:
ITN have one but you wouldn't know it. The Beeb have one, but again... you wouldn't know it.

Probably down to the fact it costs a bomb to fly them ...
CA
cat
Well perhaps if you stopped sending 8 correspondents to 1 event, you might be able to afford it!

I imagine the increase in Sky's programming budget from 100 million to 500 million by Dawn Airey has had something to do with it, but that's a guess.

I expect the feeling is that having exclusive pictures of a plane crash at sea or ferry disaster hours before your competition would be worth it for a few extra pennies.
A former member
Well, I'm not personally sending them ...

And, Sky News are running one news channel - not seperate news for four TV stations, seven national radio stations, as well as a website and 40 odd local radio stations.

Hehehe ... stick that in yer pipe Smile
CA
cat
I REALLY hate HTV West posted:

And, Sky News are running one news channel - not seperate news for four TV stations, seven national radio stations, as well as a website and 40 odd local radio stations.

If you think the radio stations are odd, you ought to have a look at the listeners.
A former member
- " I do think that to make sure that it is cost effective the Sky-copter will be also used by Sky Sports" -

I doubt this would work, because a scheduled use by Sky Sports is bound to clash with a random need by News to use it. Sharing between Sports News and Sky News only would work.
A former member
c@t posted:
I REALLY hate HTV West posted:

If you think the radio stations are odd, you ought to have a look at the listeners.

Arf Arf

10 days later

LO
Londoner
More newsgathering changes at Sky News:

www.skypublicity.co.uk/press_n.asp?rel=537
A former member
skypublicity.co.uk eh? How ironic! Never heard of that site - it's not publicised ! How'd you find it, through a search engine?
CA
cat
And there are more changes to come, so it says.

Stormy times!

Still, at least they are doing SOMETHING - which sort of makes a change, when you consider that the channel has remained pretty much static since they adopted the crappy look in late 2001.
MR
mromega
Sky Publicity isn't publicised because it's meant for Media organisations who know where it is.

Newer posts