RE
Re-it-er-ate
the question is - why do they all look so smarmy on th gmtv today titles Wink

penny's slide is the best by far, with her sideways glare, here is bens slide:

http://jolnetwork.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/captures/gmtvtoday.jpg

how often do they change the titles?
AN
Andrew Founding member
Well that shows I've only been tuning in from about 8.15am lately.

How often do they change, I've no idea I think they've had the current version without Ben for quite a while now. GMTV is always overlooked on TV Pres websites, the newest video on TV Home is from 2000 and TV Ark have only got the early years
TV
TVDragon
Andrew posted:
Well that shows I've only been tuning in from about 8.15am lately.

How often do they change, I've no idea I think they've had the current version without Ben for quite a while now. GMTV is always overlooked on TV Pres websites, the newest video on TV Home is from 2000 and TV Ark have only got the early years

I think Ben was only added on Friday. The faces titles have been around for getting on for a year now [save the seasonal version at Christmas], but this is the first addition to them. Before then they used to change every three months or so, with the seasons.

Carla used to sometimes be on the GMTV Today titles too, but hasn't been on them for a long while -- indeed until this last fortnight, I thought she'd left.

And yes, Penny is definitely the star of the whole station in my opinion too, and great to see a lot more of John's wife on the News Hour also. Probably that Angela girl will be on the newsdesk more in the summer, and Amanda Sargeant too [ex-Wales Today of course].
RA
Rangdo
Hmmm not sure I like Ben Shepherd on the GMTV sofa. He's much better suited to his fluffy entertainment stuff, he's not news.
BB
BBCME Founding member
I was just wondering if anyone knew where the GMTV adverts are played out from? Do GMTV have regional advertising or do the same adverts go out across the UK?
HC
Hatton Cross
Adverts during GMTV - Played from GMTV
Sponsors adverts during regional opt-out - played from regional gallery
:-(
A former member
Ben was in the titles during Wimbeldon and I reckon Andrew's just gone on an exotic long holiday (perhaps he was stuck at heathrow and has had it extended). I think Ben and Kate go well together, and Angela, Amanda and Carla will probably be doing the news.
A former member
Altowers posted:
GMTV is one of my favourite programmes, I actually get up at 5 to 6 to watch the whole thing cause the mixture of news, features, showbiz and just about everything makes it great. I'm really glad they're not doing crappy kids programmes and LK Today because I really do think GMTV Today is a great programme.

Where's the Sunday Programme gone? I like that as well.

Hooray! Someone with something positive to say about GMTV for once.

The Sunday Programme is off for the summer, it will be back in September.

And to answer some of the other comments/queries around here......Andrew Castle is just off taking holiday and working for other people (he did Wimbledon for the BBC for example) - he will be back soon - he is freelance anyway.

Carla was never in the GMTV titles - maybe you're getting her mixed up with Claire as some people do. Titles show sofa presenters of that week and weather presenters only.

Summer programming remains for another five weeks and then normal service will be resumed with the return of Eamonn and Fiona, Penny and John.
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
And with the return of Eamon and Fiona, will there be a refresh of the titles / graphics / set ?
TV
TVDragon
tellytart posted:
Hooray! Someone with something positive to say about GMTV for once.

The Sunday Programme is off for the summer, it will be back in September.

And to answer some of the other comments/queries around here......Andrew Castle is just off taking holiday and working for other people (he did Wimbledon for the BBC for example) - he will be back soon - he is freelance anyway.

Carla was never in the GMTV titles - maybe you're getting her mixed up with Claire as some people do. Titles show sofa presenters of that week and weather presenters only.

Summer programming remains for another five weeks and then normal service will be resumed with the return of Eamonn and Fiona, Penny and John.

I think you'll find GMTV is quite popular on here, even for a site that seems to be like a BBC conspiracy at times. People only watch Breakfast for Moira, they don't *actually* like it..

I am of course mistaken about Carla on the titles, but she did present on the sofa, the News Hour I think, for a few times over a fortnight, a little while back. And Fiona, Eamonn, John, Kate and of course Penny are always on the titles, whether they're on that day or not! Before recently, with Ben being added, the only one to change was Andrea/Claire.

It would be nice to have some seasonal titles again this autumn, and the Entertainment Today music is just really weird now.
DA
Davidjb Founding member
GMTV is the only decent morning programme on tv. Breakfast although it looks ok it is very newsy. Rise, well enough said already. People keep saying GMTV needs a new set but i quite like the current one. It has a very relaxed feeling but works well in all senario's
A former member
Just wondering... who watches GMTV and which parts? When I'm not off out at 8:00 I actually get up at 5:30 and watch Morning News/GMTV all the way through to 9:25 in bed before getting up and regularly fall asleep during the early parts, of course waking up again at the voice of Carla Romano on the news desk. Is there anyone else who watches it all, or if not which parts?

Newer posts