The Gallery

ITV HD Regional Programme Message (2013-Present)

This is a mock of what should happen if they can't show regional programming in all regions in HD. (January 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AE
AlexEdohHD13
Last edited by AlexEdohHD13 on 16 January 2016 6:54pm - 2 times in total
AG
AxG
Meh nothing spectacular, really not worth a 1:26 video, an image would have done, plus I'm not liking the way it's worded.
AE
AlexEdohHD13
AxG posted:
Meh nothing spectacular, really not worth a 1:26 video, an image would have done, plus I'm not liking the way it's worded.

Oh, I was doing it the way, ITV would have done it. Are you saying that I should word it my own way? What wording would you recommend?
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
I fail to see why such a message would even appear, in lieu of the fact as happens now non-HD material is upscaled.

Unless this is supposed to be the ITV HD equivalent of BBC One HD's "we can't show regional programmes" holding slide, which is the only reason I can think of for such a slide.

Need to work on the wording. "on your region"?
AE
AlexEdohHD13
]
I fail to see why such a message would even appear, in lieu of the fact as happens now non-HD material is upscaled.

Unless this is supposed to be the ITV HD equivalent of BBC One HD's "we can't show regional programmes" holding slide, which is the only reason I can think of for such a slide.

Need to work on the wording. "on your region"?

Ok, Firstly, I had the imagination of: 'If ITV Couldn't broadcast regional news in HD' because ITV can't broadcast some regions in HD, so I thought, it should broadcast in the UK and wait for all regions to broadcast in HD, like the BBC. I got the inspiration for the message from the ITV+1 Slide (Actual Slide you see on ITV+1 in the late hours) and BBC One HD.
Last edited by AlexEdohHD13 on 16 January 2016 7:37pm
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Okay now it makes sense.

It's more likely if truth be told this slide would say something similar to what BBC One HD says but in a more casual tone and direct to the point - something along the lines of "If you can see this it means we can't show you this programme. We don't want you to miss out, please switch to ITV".
AE
AlexEdohHD13
Okay now it makes sense.

It's more likely if truth be told this slide would say something similar to what BBC One HD says but in a more casual tone and direct to the point - something along the lines of "If you can see this it means we can't show you this programme. We don't want you to miss out, please switch to ITV".

This is my first time on TV Forum, but I can Improve - Basically I should just say "If you can see this it means we can't show you this programme. We don't want you to miss out, please switch to ITV".
NI
Nicky
This really didn't need to be a video.

Agree completely with Neil Jones on the wording. "...so to avoid ruining your enjoyment of the programme" just doesn't make sense - surely they aren't watching the programme in the first place if they're looking at your slide.
NE
newswatcher101
The font is not correct. It's also slightly boring.
HB
HarryB

Slightly. This is very boring. It has no character to it whatsoever, even worse than the current breakdown slide used.
AE
AlexEdohHD13
Nicky posted:
This really didn't need to be a video.

Agree completely with Neil Jones on the wording. "...so to avoid ruining your enjoyment of the programme" just doesn't make sense - surely they aren't watching the programme in the first place if they're looking at your slide.

I could update it to make it better like this and take your views into account.

How about this one...
Last edited by AlexEdohHD13 on 17 January 2016 3:15pm
AE
AlexEdohHD13

I can't find the ITV Reem font and this is the closest available, also, I have made the animation more dynamic and less boring.

Newer posts