The Gallery

BBC One Globes

Red planet (December 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AG
AxG
I love the opening animation, no too keen on the globe being there throughout, and really not a fan of the double globe end, especially the integration with the 'o', and maybe that the world is spinning backwards.
BK
bkman1990
The last two videos were absolutely outstanding. Please give us more if you can. Smile
PI
pip2
Thanks for the comments. Here's a morning menu version...

[media:8bccb02341]http://up.metropol247.co.uk/pip/bbc_one_morning-menu.mp4[/media:8bccb02341]

and a late evening regional into the Ten

[media:8bccb02341]http://up.metropol247.co.uk/pip/bbc_one_evening_news.mp4[/media:8bccb02341]
WO
Worzel
BBC controllers take note, you don't need to spend over a million pounds to create an ident set and to commission a revamp.

10/10!
PI
pip2
Tinkered with another trail. The launch of Strictly season means the globe gets a glittery glow.

[media:d56d346a3d]http://up.metropol247.co.uk/pip/bbc_one_strictly-glitterglobe.mp4[/media:d56d346a3d]
BR
Brekkie
Any chance of that as an ident so we can see the globe without the Strictly logo obscuring it.
MI
Michael
How about instead of having the globe on the whole screen (so that you get blurred / distorted edging), you have the globe go to a corner of the screen or the bottom of the screen so we can have the BBC One logo on screen during the promo, which I feel is the only thing missing so far in what has been an excellent package.
PI
pip2
Any chance of that as an ident so we can see the globe without the Strictly logo obscuring it.

Sure thing Brekkie

[media:e882582417]http://up.metropol247.co.uk/pip/bbc1_scd-ident_scd.mp4[/media:e882582417]

How about instead of having the globe on the whole screen (so that you get blurred / distorted edging), you have the globe go to a corner of the screen or the bottom of the screen so we can have the BBC One logo on screen during the promo, which I feel is the only thing missing so far in what has been an excellent package.

Thanks Michael. I very much wanted the BBC One logo to appear in the same place rather than moving about like it does currently. I thought that as the main channel it should always take centre stage. As it would be daft to have the logo in the middle of the screen during trails and I did want to indicate that the promo was for BBC One throughout I decided to use the spinning globe in its stead. I'd say the idea was to make appear as though you're looking into a crystal ball at what the future holds but ASA's talking about resurrecting a 'marketing nonsense' thread and I don't want to make an early appearance. Very Happy
SR
SomeRandomStuff
This is superb, and that last one you posted is outstanding. What a mock to start the year on.
DT
DTV
This is superb, and that last one you posted is outstanding. What a mock to start the year on.

Quite agreed, let's hope the rest of the year remains on this level.
BR
Brekkie
Thanks for the Strictly version - really do think it shows that returning to the globe doesn't necessarily mean going back to one ident. There are many ways it can be tweaked to give a bit of variation even within the red colour pallette, though personally I'd look to bring in other colours to vary things up a bit, though perhaps always have a strong hint of red there somewhere.

Back up to the menu style and although the globe masked over the promos looks great and would work well for the big channel promos and advertising the nights line up I don't think it is something that should be used all the time. I understand you not wanting the logo on all the time but actually the BBC is pretty much the only channel (certainly out of the classic terrestrially anyway) that have their logo displayed throughout a promo nowadays - it's fine to have it just appear at the end of the promo, and possibly at the beginning too but in that case you need to make sure back to back promos transition nicely enough.
CO
Colorband
I like this mock, it's very good. It is a very interesting revamp of the old globe idea, and deserves its ratings. Honestly, Pip2, the BBC might take some lessons from you - They don't need a lot of money and a team, they just need one experienced guy.

Newer posts