TV Home Forum

BBC Three - Trust's final decision published

Split from BBC Three (November 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
Thats useful there still using the old promo sytles along side the new style.
ED
ExDSStar
Thats useful there still using the old promo sytles along side the new style.

No point of making things they only will used for a month.
TO
tomo359
Wow talk about inconsistency, the old logo was just used now on a promo, followed by another promo using the new logo! What a mess.

Didn't know what to make of the new ident... strangely quite liked it, but not for a BBC tv channel, it looks more like some niche genre specific channel.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
What the hell is this?
Looks like W1A may not have been fiction after all. Hell, W1A's BBC logo was better than this.
The trailer presentations are tacky, the ident may grow and the "we're asleep" holding slide... Jesus wept.

The only "nice" thing I suppose is the moving blocks on 60 Seconds but even then it looks like most TV on screen volume control..

Excuse me while I go and wash my eyes.
PF
PFML84
Seriously, there are quite a few mocks on this website that would put the new BBC 3 logo and look to shame. I find it hard to believe someone was not only paid to make this, but it was approved and people thought it actually looks good.
JT
JamesTV
Why do they use 2 different logos, one with the BBC logo centered and one with the BBC logo in the left corner uncomfortably close to the edge?!

The one with the BBC logo centered is the best, but I don't really like this new design at all. Many people on Twitter are saying it just looks like it shouts '2!' when it actually is trying to shout '3!'.

In a few minutes in PowerPoint, I came up with this, which still isn't very good, but at least it shouts '3!' not '2!'
http://files.jamescraker.com/BBC/BBCThree.png
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
or even create a new big bold '3' which could become the new '2' creating a character as such

It would probably look like this (sorry I didn't realise it was this big, and it was quite quick so it might not be aligned perfectly)

NT
NorthTonight
What the hell is this?
Looks like W1A may not have been fiction after all. Hell, W1A's BBC logo was better than this.
The trailer presentations are tacky, the ident may grow and the "we're asleep" holding slide... Jesus wept.

The only "nice" thing I suppose is the moving blocks on 60 Seconds but even then it looks like most TV on screen volume control..

Quite like it but surely the " volume control " on 60 seconds would make more sense if they disappeared? Although either way it would be a good countdown or reverse for schools programmes 😜
VM
VMPhil
I will say I liked the ident - that obviously had a lot of thought and effort put into it.

I don't think I've actually said anything about the logo. I'm indifferent on it, myself. I think I'd have to wait to see how it's used long-term to judge whether it's effective or not.
DB
dbl
I may hate their new look, but they're taking the piss out of it:
Last edited by dbl on 4 January 2016 8:33pm
DJ
DJ Dave
Why do they use 2 different logos, one with the BBC logo centered and one with the BBC logo in the left corner uncomfortably close to the edge?!

The one with the BBC logo centered is the best, but I don't really like this new design at all. Many people on Twitter are saying it just looks like it shouts '2!' when it actually is trying to shout '3!'.

In a few minutes in PowerPoint, I came up with this, which still isn't very good, but at least it shouts '3!' not '2!'
http://files.jamescraker.com/BBC/BBCThree.png

That says 4 Laughing Laughing
JA
JAS84
What the hell is this?

They should have just had the line emerge from the box. The rest of the 60 Seconds look wasn't updated - not surprisingly since it's not going to survive.

Newer posts