The Gallery

WakeUpUK (Updated with V1.1 on Page 2)

Online Breakfast Show (UPDATED ON PAGE 3) (November 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SR
SomeRandomStuff
The execution is very rough around the edges. Its also not a particularly original set of graphics. You could easily substitute in the GMB logo. Overall this is a poor first mock, i hope you can do better next time.

As WakeUpTV does not exist in the real world that automatically gets you 1/5. Please create graphics for existing properties in future. (If you are going to use CBS music, do a CBS mock. Same goes for NBC.)
UB
UBox
The execution is very rough around the edges. Its also not a particularly original set of graphics. You could easily substitute in the GMB logo. Overall this is a poor first mock, i hope you can do better next time.

As WakeUpTV does not exist in the real world that automatically gets you 1/5. Please create graphics for existing properties in future. (If you are going to use CBS music, do a CBS mock. Same goes for NBC.)

You haven't really told me how to improve it though and I don't understand why it is an automatic 1/5 for an original idea?
BA
bilky asko
UBox posted:

You haven't really told me how to improve it though and I don't understand why it is an automatic 1/5 for an original idea?

A good quality original design for an existing programme is fine. What you've made is a badly executed existing design for a poor original programme.
Nicky and SomeRandomStuff gave kudos

43 days later

UB
UBox
UPDATE V1.1

Right then, I'm back with an update for this mock. If you don't want to see a mock for an original idea then simply don't look at it.
It's been a while since I last added to this so I thought I would show you some things I've been working on (some changes based on previous feedback), before I post a larger update sometime in the next month or so.

1) I've sorted the logo, it now looks less "cut out"
and I've also created logos for the 3 main elements of the show (Sport, Technology & Showbiz).

2) I've now moved the graphics in front of the transitions however it looks slightly strange in my opinion because the ticker and weather bug has the same colour background, if you have any suggestions on colour changes for the transitions then please give me them. I have tried white ticker but I'm not 100% sure.
With the new logos I've made transitions to match:
Sport :
Showbiz :
Technology :

3) I'm currently playing around with how I can improve the end of the opener and have been playing around with how I can vary the straps. I remembered seeing AUS Channel 7's The Morning Show and took some inspiration from that. Also made the straps slightly wider. Here's an image of the straps:
The idea is that the colours at the right will change depending on what the topic is, for example the sport will have the 3 green colours of the sport logo (see spoiler):

As always please leave some constructive criticism for me and I'll try and sort it for the full update.
AG
AxG
No to Harabara
DK
DanielK
Try and colour pick the transitions, and logos, to the current GMB pallette which is perfect to be honest.

If the weather bug and ticker are the same colour as the background then the objects shouldn't have the background coloured in. I don't agree with the bug and ticker being the same as the background as that will make it quite hard to read,a lot of the time.

Try and clean up the logo shapes so that they all start on a flat surface and rise up.
UB
UBox

If the weather bug and ticker are the same colour as the background then the objects shouldn't have the background coloured in. I don't agree with the bug and ticker being the same as the background as that will make it quite hard to read,a lot of the time.

Sorry, you've lost me on that bit. What I mean about the background colours is that the ticker, straps & weather bug all have the same background colour, this is the same background colour that the transitions have so the graphics don't stand out. You can still read the text.
DW
DavidWhitfield
The weather graphic takes up a lot of room. Surely you can make the text and icons smaller in order to make the whole graphic smaller and allow more room for the informative graphic to the left? Also, it's all very grey, which I'm not a fan of. Grey seems dull to me.
UB
UBox
The weather graphic takes up a lot of room. Surely you can make the text and icons smaller in order to make the whole graphic smaller and allow more room for the informative graphic to the left? Also, it's all very grey, which I'm not a fan of. Grey seems dull to me.

I'll try that out then, any suggestions on what colours I should use, I need have a change anyway because of the background colour of the transitions.
DK
DanielK
UBox posted:

Sorry, you've lost me on that bit. What I mean about the background colours is that the ticker, straps & weather bug all have the same background colour, this is the same background colour that the transitions have so the graphics don't stand out. You can still read the text.

Ah, never mind...a picture hadn't loaded when I posted that.
CO
Colorband
Try a new font - Harabara is the bane of fontlover's existences.
:-(
A former member
Try a new font - Harabara is the bane of fontlover's existences.

Looks fine to me.

Newer posts