« Topics
Larry the Loafer5,586 posts since 2 Jul 2005
Granada North West Today
Haven't they literally just been told off by Ofcom fit depicting Bart in a noose or something? Considering Channel 4 have been guilty of some absolutely appalling and unnecessary edits, I'm surprised they're letting some of this slip. I wonder if it's because they're onto showing the newer episodes and haven't managed to go through such excruciating censorship procedures.

I've witnessed "piss" seep through (pardon me) on some family-friendly US sitcoms. I hear it a lot more to indicate annoyance rather than drunkenness or bodily fluids.
dvboy9,850 posts since 11 Jan 2003
Central (West) Midlands Today
Either they've stopped or it's broken.

Hopefully the latter - would be absolutely foolish to do the former and take a step back to pre-PDC days.

The cynic inside me might say they are deliberately damaging the functionality of PVRs,
to drive people towards watching either live, or on Awful (or whatever their on line player is called) Wink

Fine, but stick to shows that are available on All4. Don't do it to those that aren't.
Watch it and find out.
Steve in Pudsey10,178 posts since 4 Jan 2003
Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Ofcom's 2010 Survey on attitudes to language found that pissed is generally considered mild and non offensive, the same category as bloody or crap.

Although one of the examples they used was a Simpsons clip shown on Sky One at teatime, where Marge uses the phrase "piss away" (as in waste money on) and it split opinion. Some people thought it was less acceptable because it was Marge who acts as the moral compass on the show who said it.
Write that down in your copybook now.
Markymark6,974 posts since 13 Dec 2004
Meridian (North) South Today
Hopefully the latter - would be absolutely foolish to do the former and take a step back to pre-PDC days.

The cynic inside me might say they are deliberately damaging the functionality of PVRs,
to drive people towards watching either live, or on Awful (or whatever their on line player is called) Wink

Fine, but stick to shows that are available on All4. Don't do it to those that aren't.

It's not fine at all. Assuming it's a fault (which I think it is) C4 should have to correct measures in place to realise that there is a fault, inform those that have complained etc, and get Ericcson to fix it.

If they have abandoned the feature, then come clean and say so.

BTW, a friend with Sky+ says his box recorded Sunday's Homeland perfectly, so this seems to be only affecting DTT ?