TV Home Forum

Christmas Listings 2015

(December 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
Just wondering how price compares for what you get with the various mags.

Picked up the Total TV Guide for £2.20, which I thought was pretty good value as it's more towards the premium side than the cheaper market, while TV Choice is £1.00. Both from the same publishers of course - almost identical listing pages except Total TV Guide has two more pages per day, so more movie, sports and lifestyle channels. I did think Total TV Guide would win out on features but it probably doesn't really, though TV Choice is obviously more soap heavy. Both have a four-page sports guide and decent enough movie guide though - so in all honesty especially if you've just got Freeview I'd probably save yourself £1.20, although Total TV Guide feels like a much better quality print.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Radio Times of course barely has a soap section at all, which I always find a tad snooty. When you consider the amount of time they take up in the schedules, one double spread wouldn't harm surely?

TV Choice was available in Leeds yesterday, I didn't see any others.
AR
Argybargy
Radio Times of course barely has a soap section at all, which I always find a tad snooty. When you consider the amount of time they take up in the schedules, one double spread wouldn't harm surely?

TV Choice was available in Leeds yesterday, I didn't see any others.

Here in Liverpool, the only one I've seen so far is Total TV Guide, not spotted any of the others yet. I'm expecting I should be able to get my RT tomorrow. In the meantime, I've bought Total TV Guide. I do like the layout of their TV listings. It's just a shame that they no longer have daily radio listings. They used to be the only other guide that still did so, up until earlier this year.
ST
steddenm
Seen Radio Times, TV Times and TV Choice at Sainsbury's in Oldbury when passing through earlier.

Newer posts