TV Home Forum

BBC 3 Rebrand for online switchover?

Teaser just appeared (December 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
OR
orange
There was literally just a teaser trailer for a new look BBC 3- I'll try and get a pic
OR
orange
Extremely sorry for low quality, did it extremely quickly http://imgur.com/dToNxep.png
VM
VMPhil
Looks like something Perfect Curve would come up with!
House and BenMacDonald gave kudos
OR
orange
OR
orange
Again, sorry for bad quality
LL
Larry the Loafer

You read my mind. It's horribly reminiscent of that W1A episode.

I'm a little annoyed that it's being rebranded and that the BBC Three brand is staying intact. I find it really strange that the BBC will have three channels that air on television - BBC One, BBC Two and BBC Four. It's 2002 all over again.
VM
VMPhil

You read my mind. It's horribly reminiscent of that W1A episode.

Even more so than I thought!

LL
Larry the Loafer
Oh s**t...
GL
Gluben
It's BBC the Third.
ST
Stuart
Nothing mentioned by the BBC Trust has indicated that the BBC Three brand would disappear, so I'm not sure why people think BBC Four would be an unsustainable numeric in the 'family of channels' on offer (especially as it started when BBC CHOICE was still broadcasting).

Having 'one', 'TWO', 'Three (online)' and 'FOUR' is no more illogical than ITV removing the numeral from their premier channel and yet retaining 2, 3 & 4.
RI
Rijowhi
Nothing mentioned by the BBC Trust has indicated that the BBC Three brand would disappear, so I'm not sure why people think BBC Four would be an unsustainable numeric in the 'family of channels' on offer (especially as it started when BBC CHOICE was still broadcasting).

Having 'one', 'TWO', 'Three (online)' and 'FOUR' is no more illogical than ITV removing the numeral from their premier channel and yet retaining 2, 3 & 4.

I'm sorry but I disagree. ITV comes before ITV2, ITV3 and ITV4. BBC3 comes half way through a sequence of BBC channels. I really feel both BBC3 and BBC4 should have been rebranded. Though to be honest will BBC4 also disappear in the near future? Wink
Last edited by Rijowhi on 5 December 2015 2:18am
LL
Larry the Loafer

I'm sorry but I disagree. ITV comes before ITV2, ITV3 and ITV4. BBC3 comes half way through a sequence of BBC channels. I really feel BBC4 should have been rebranded. Though to be honest will BBC4 also disappear in the near future? Wink

Neither scenario is ideal. But having ITV, 2, 3 and 4 is more sensible than having BBC 1, 2 and 4. Plus nobody liked "ITV1" anyway.

Newer posts