TV Home Forum

BBC TWO Christmas 2015 presentation

Retro idents, eh? (December 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CA
Cavan
JAS84 posted:
chris posted:
That is very odd they were only given 24 hours. Is that why the BBC Two box is bigger on the yellow idents? Have they just plonked it on top of the purple box rather than getting them clean?

I'm not sure clean versions even exist. The logo was part of the animation on a couple of them.

Didn't they stop using the burned-in logo versions after awhile? Also, NI used the 2001 version with a smaller box earlier in a sting (thanks Cavan)

Did it have a small box? I'm only asking because my memory from nearly one o'clock in the morning isn't that good but I do think I saw a small box. Confused
GE
thegeek Founding member
Jonny posted:
That got me thinking - would it be possible to "create" a "totally original" BBC2 Christmas campaign in less time? Perhaps 30 minutes?

Is that a spot of Mulligan and O'Hare? I'm not sure I'd heard their Christmas hits before. I'll have to hope Santa brings me a copy this year Smile
BA
Bail Moderator
Just in case the BBC lost their copy of the far superior original soundtrack... Clicky
:-(
A former member
Is it me or is the 2001 ident NOT being used as much as the other three?
ED
ExDSStar
Bail posted:
Just in case the BBC lost their copy of the far superior original soundtrack... Clicky

Think they done it on purpose to get peoples attention.
GI
ginnyfan
They could have used the 2011 set for years to come. They are so magical and Christmassy, will be hard to ever match them imo.
A former member
We have a BBC two Alba xmas ident
BR
Brekkie
There is a BBC Two Alba?
A former member
There is a BBC Two Alba?

Yes there is, ( my recording failed) Its appear most Saturday evenings so Scotland can broadcast Eorpa, 23 years strong. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mvwb

Whether it will be the same ident for the next coupe of weeks WHO KNOWS!
BR
Brekkie
I'd have thought they'd have moved all that across to BBC Alba.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Remember that BBC Alba is a joint enterprise, the BBC requires some Gaelic content across their wholly operated channels too. Radio is easy, TV more complex, the opts on BBC Scotland sort this out albeit to southern eyes clumsily.
A former member
Its a shame there don't repeat dotaman in classic afternoon slots Razz

Newer posts